[Main Thread] MW 2 won't start (BLZBNTBNA00000012)

If you are installing on ssd/os, its possible you might have a call of duty folder and a call of duty modern warfare folder. Just move the items in the call of duty folder into the call of duty modern warfare folder or vice versa. For the first option, it will ask to locate game so just click on the Call of Duty modern warfare folder when it does.

1 Like

worked 4 me thanksss

1 Like

I tried everything and nothing works. I just paid 70 euros for nothing thank you Activision.

1 Like

I don’t have a moder warfare folder the only folder created is Call of Duty , but thx for trying to help

This worked for me! I copied the COD folder from one drive to another, and then used Battle.net to point it to the same folder on the new drive.

1 Like

Do you have Discord or some things like this ( to talk with you ) ? If yes pls reply me

I was having this issue yesterday… after uninstalling and reinstalling it continued. Then I changed my region from Americas to Europe and it botted up. I played one game logged off and changed back to Americas and its now working fine. Kind of glitchy in the loading screens. But, works. Good luck!!

If your experiencing this problem where you click play on MW2 and it gives you a error message you can fix it by going to the game file folder most commonly found in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty) make sure you only have 4 files which are

• Files That should be in Call of duty folder *
    retail
    Data
    .build.info
    Call of Duty Launcher.exe

If you have any other files delete them and than restart the battle net launcher and click play if you did right you should be able to play now.

Thank you man, I finally got it to work after trying so many different things!

I Love this game so much its one of the best in a while but I’m having the same issue and its so sad I don’t want to have to request a refund but I might just have to.

I have been getting the same problem put in a ticket and still havent gotten a response and thats been 2 days ago now at this point i just want my money back since i cant play the game

1 Like

This still did not work for me

i have yet to get mine to work fully. i have deleted reinstalled everything from graphics driver, to the game and also battlenet itself. this is a terrible problem. i have deleted player profile as someone said try didn’t work either. i have changed settings, i have turned things off for the start up, and a few other things… literally nothing has worked for me!!!

i dont have a file named call of duty. only one i have is for the app itself or the player file

I am having the same issue. I put a ticket in last week and still haven’t heard back. If they are not going to fix it then i want my money back.

1 Like

Whenever I go to launch MW2 it will say launching, playing now, go back to “Play” Then have a pop up "An error has occurred while launching the game. Please check for updates or scan and repair to fix this issue. I reinstalled the game twice, i reinstalled battle.net I even went through my settings on my pc making sure nothings wrong and it’s still happening.

4 Likes

Same dude I’m so sick of it. Reinstalled like 3 times tried literally every single thing.

2 Likes

have any of you guys been able to fix it ?

3 Likes

Same here. I’ve tried reinstalling it and scan and repair multiple times.

Also, when the game was working, COD would crash during the campaign constantly… come on

1 Like

Same, Been scanning and repair for more than 5 times

1 Like