[Main Thread] Blizzard App & Games Disconnecting - Receiving Error BLZBNTBGS000003F8, BLZBNTBGS80000011 & BLZ51901016

i was muted on this post for 48h and IDK WHY! BLIZZARD FIX IT

1 Like

Mobile hotspot does not work for me, so it won’t work for everyone. Blizzard, you have not responded in 5 days. That is unacceptable. Say something, it doesn’t matter what, just to show that you are even looking at the forum for an issue that seems to be inhibiting hundreds or thousands of people. Say something.

2 Likes

man the battle net app still isnt working for me and blizzared im not to sure if its a bug with the app or just my wifi is not fast enough or something and im kind of starting to get pissed off with this poop (cant swear)

1 Like

Switching to Asia worked for me. The launcher still constantly disconnects but it does not kick me out of the game and I have not gotten the error since and it has been 3 days.

3 Likes

Nevermind, I believe mobile hotspot does work for me, but only if I disconnect the ethernet cord to my range extender. This could be coincidence, so I will take down this post if it turns out this actually didnt fix the issue.

this is messed up. how can this issue go on for so long and not be fixed by this triple A company??? astounding

3 Likes

Yup. Some people have had this issue for over two months. I’m lucky, just eight days for me now. But I seriously suggest trying a mobile hotspot, nothing else has had an effect, but completely disconnecting the ethernet for wifi and then using a mobile hotspot works for me. I have unlimited cellular, so its not too big a deal for me, but it could be expensive otherwise. Also, the company has provided none of the working fixes people have found, all have been found by us, which is also ridiculous.

Still disconnect in plunder (team)

1 Like

Could we please get an update on this? Even if it is just to say that you guys are still working on a solution. It has been 4 days without an update on the situation which is kind of ridiculous.

2 Likes

The error BLZBNTBGS000003F8 disconnect at random moments in game is a battle.net desktop app random disconnect and reconnect. I am positive of this. You can watch it happen if you open the app and have the patience to watch your little connection yellow dot in the upper right hand corner. I got lucky and managed to record it on my phone video earlier this morning as I was watching the app on my PC desktop. It is a quick event and you see a blue icon with 2 plugs apart and then connecting and then you go back to the yellow dot. It is totally random and happens consistently throughout the day or night.

When this random disconnect and reconnect happens, I get kicked out of my game with the above error listed as the cause. This issue began happening to me about a week ago and I also think it was related to an update of the game, or an update of the battle.net app. I have been fighting it now for a week. I have tried every remedy I can find online and nothing has worked. Don’t bother with any of them. Blizzard or Activision or whoever needs to fix the Battle.net app random disconnects and this will fix the problem.

I play with 3 others regularly and I am the only one getting the error. So at least 25% of us can’t play. How many does it have to be to justify a fix? Please resolve it…

4 Likes

Asking Blizzard to respond in this thread is probably doing little to actually pressure them. We have to start circulating this thread through other platforms, where everyone else can see it. Tweeting it and tagging the Blizzard/Activision Twitter accounts will help a lot with this. Send an email or tweet at Bobby Kotick (CEO of Activision). Once enough of Twitter sees this 400 post long issue not being prioritized, they will be forced to take action.

I’ve tried tweeting at them, but I need more people to do it as well. I actually just straight up switched ISPs and haven’t had the issue since. It’s really hard to get your own ISP to configure their network to fix the CoD server routing issue and it’s a mystery whether they can even do anything on their end to help you. This is still 100% a Blizzard/Activision F-UP and they need to take responsibility with a damn fix already.

3 Likes

can we PLEASE get an update

1 Like

I played 4 round (~1,5 hour) on ASIA region, and no disconnect.

This morning it was fine, never got any codes but now that its the evening I’m getting it constantly.

1 Like

I’ve gotten this issue (BLZBNTBGS000003F8) 25+ times in the last two weeks in Warzone, MW, and BOCW. I’ve contacted my ISP (no issues), contacted Activision (no response), contacted Blizzard asking for refund (denied and told to go to Activision), done all troubleshooting steps, had my ISP bring someone out to move my modem up to my gaming office rather than in a different part of the house and uninstalled and re-installed the games and Blizzard launcher…and the best fix is to switch my server to Asia, when I live on the East Coast of the US? Something seems wrong here.

Also glad that I can’t send anything over to that e-mail where they collect tech info with log goblin, so that’s fun.

At least I’m not alone with this!

5 Likes

This also effects Diablo 3 by the looks of it. Never had this issue before with Diablo disconnecting yet when the code 1016 is displayed and it is a connection issue I still see my team mates running around on my screen and can cast spells but I just can’t move then the game closes.

2 Likes

Yes same thing here. Really annoying as WoW it seems to not effect too much as the game must allow a grace period or something. But with D3 it’s like the blizz app has DCd, so must I.

1 Like

x3
Today i’ve try to play D3 and the same error showed…
So, it’s not just COD MW/CW, D3 is affected too.

1 Like

On my wired fibre connection I cannot start a game such as Warzone on europe or americas server before I get disconnected. I can play on asia but the ping and packet loss is unbearably high. For some odd reason when I test my mobile hotspot I have no issue playing from europe or americas servers - apart from excessively expensive mobile data in South Africa (where I’m from) and of course much worse ping than I would get if my wired fibre connection could connect to europe or america.

1 Like

I’m also having this problem. I’ve noticed that I’ll get randomly disconnected from Cold War and Hearthstone when the Blizz launcher randomly decides to go offline for a brief moment randomly. This does not interrupt WoW or HotS. Blizzard, please patch the client!

3 Likes