[Main Thread] Agent Went To Sleep BLZBNTBNA00000005

Well, I’m another victim. Sofar Kelathor’s solution worked for me. Deleting the Blizzard Entertainment and Battle.net folders. Had to locate the game installation folders and then run the ‘fix installation’ option to make the games run again. Hope this will be fixed permanently.

Thanks my guy… Your suggestion a/b “disabl(ing) anti-virus” enabled my Battle.net installation to start.

1 Like

I have tried to help 2 friends with this issue.

In the first case it was a really old laptop so he decided to get a new one but the problem persisted. In his case we pulled the router and plugged the computer straight into the fiber WAN and reinstalled battlenet.

In the Second case we couldnt try this so we found this post by Diven, cleared the cache and then ran agent 8009 and it did work.

Ill se if can persuade the first friend to plugg in his router and try this on his old laptop.

I’m playing on steam deck and I got it working using windows pc to help I put the windows version of the client in to beta done the update move the folder over to my steam deck all working fine now

Me pasa exactamente lo mismo

blizzard has released a fix. it works - at least on my steam deck using proton7.

Well the game is installing right now, but looks like it worked, at least now I can open the app. Thank you

1 Like

Yo sigo sin poder abrir la aplicación correctamente. Sigue estando “dormido” en Windows PC y no puedo lanzar los juegos. Solo se ve la tienda. Increíble. Ya van 3 días sin solucionarse el problema.

it works for me. Thx bro

1 Like

if someone there still has this problem, I got the solution. all you need to do is find the battle.net setup (file that your download from blizzard or battle.net) and run it. and battle.net will automatically get updated.

I had to do it several times before it worked but it did finally work.

1 Like

It took 2 weeks of back-and-forth with an open tech support ticket, but I tracked down the cause of my particular launcher problem: Norton 360 was blocking it because of something in BNET’s latest update. In troubleshooting this issue, I did already try temporarily disabling Norton, to no avail. Upon a complete Norton uninstall, I re-launched BNET and it ran properly, updated my games, and everything is playable again.

It’s a total, if not unexpected, cop-out from Blizz to blame incompatibility with other software rather than bothering to fix whatever in that update broke their launcher enough for it to be marked a blockable threat by anti-virus software. Here’s hoping there’s a way to entirely whitelist BNET within Norton, because we all know Blizz isn’t going to bother resolving anything on their end…

1 Like

Same here… has happened on and off again over and over. I came back with a 30 day subscription, down to 12 days and at least 7 of the days I had intended to play I was not able to because of this issue. I think some game time credit should be in order!

Thank you! This worked for me, I was struggling with the issue for a few days and can finally pre-patch Overwatch 2!

1 Like

Uh, bump. Where’s the support staff? Shouldn’t they be doing their job?

What is this error message all of a sudden after a launcher update? Seems to be a regression? I can’t even play any games which I PAID FOR due to this bug?

And lastly, no it’s not an issue on my end -esp if a multitude of people are experiencing the same problem all of a sudden. Have y’all investigated this? What are the concrete steps to fix it, why has this become more prevalent recently? Where’s the answers? I have better things to do than troubleshoot this problem

This one helped me, thanks for the fix!

1 Like

This worked for me after 10 hours of trying everything and then everything else.

I removed the Battle.net folder from the AppData folder which you can acces by doing windows-R and type C:/ProgramData
Quit battle.net app, Find your Battle.net folder, delete it, and launch the battle.net app.

1 Like

Wow thanks dude !

It just worked for me, after 2 days without playing !

That’s what I figured out on mine also. Were you ever able to get Norton 360 to let the update agent pass? So far, the only options I have are to leave Norton 360 uninstalled to use the launcher, or leave Norton 360 installed and just launch the game file directly. Which only works until there is an update for whatever game. At that point I get the incompatoble server issue until i uninstall Norton 360 and update. Thanks in advance mate.