[Main Thread] Agent Went To Sleep BLZBNTBNA00000005

Still having problems with the agent going to sleep. Battle.net and battle.net agent are allowed through the firewall, have tried to run on admin mode, tried to remove cache, tried reinstalling battle.net launcher, to no avail.

i have this issue since ow2 and i am really disappointed. anyone have a fix yet?

1 Like

I have the same problem now. I used the game yesterday and it was fine. I hop on today and when I login to wow, I get the realms in red saying not compatible. I shut down wow and load battlenet launcher. It comes up with battlenet agent is asleep, trying to wake it up. Has the above error code and does nothing.

I can’t do a patch and I’m not even sure why I have to considering there was no patch after the 8 hour shut down 2 days ago.

You lot stuffed it up again.

Fix your damn game and stop upsetting the customers who pay you damn wages.

I CAN’T DO ANYTHING BECAUSE YOUR BATTLENET IS BUGGED.

I CAN’T PLAY WOW BECAUSE IT APPEARS TO NEED A PATCH BUT BATTLENET IS BUGGED AND NOT DOING THE DAMN PATCH.

1 Like

I have had this problem for a month now. The only way I have been able to launch Wow the last few weeks is by accessing the retail folder and manually accessing the wow.exe file but after update I cannot do that anymore and get incompatible servers.

I tried to reinstall battlenet for the umpteenth time and it is currently stuck at Updating Battle.net Update agent about 40% mark. I like the others want to be able to play the games we pay for. A month this has been going on starting with the .dll missing error, then the agent went to sleep error, the incompatible server error and the inability to reinstall bnet. We need a solid fix that doesn’t require us having an IT degree to implement and asap. The problem was sudden and not on our end. Too many have had this issue for the past month or so.

1 Like

Blizzard is garbage. Keeps giving me the error were talking about. I had no problems the last 2 weeks. I just built a $4,000 beast. I only play 1 game Call of Duty. This is ridiculous. I’ve done all the google recommendations I’ve deleted files the game just about everything. Still getting the same error.

Been having this problem for months now I’ve just been starting wow through the .exe file. I do the whole “clear /programdata/ and /appdata/” trick anytime I actually need to use battlenet for once. I’ve gotten used to this work-around.

But of course, with this latest update I am now seeing “incompatible servers” when attempting to play. Now even with clearing the cache I can’t even update the game it just gets stuck on “waiting”.

Absolutely useless launcher and it’s truly remarkable that we can shell out over $150 dollars a year to a company that produces garbage-tier software such as this. You all should really take some lessons from Steam.

Unbelievable.

Still waiting for help here Blizzard. I have submitted a ticket with MSinfo and DXDiag and haven’t had a reply to that even tho it was put in over 24 hours ago. Nobody on the tech support on the forum can help. You aren’t helping.

How are we meant to download the patch when the download launcher doesn’t work?

3 days now and i haven’t been able to download the patch or play the game.

I am missing out on the hallows end achievements.

Your programming caused this. It has nothing to do with my pc, which worked and still works fine apart from the stupid download launcher. I haven’t changed anything on my pc and it is only used for checking emails and playing wow.

FIX THE DAMN BUG AND LET US PLAY THE GAME.

And if you don’t want people getting upset with you, don’t create these bugs to begin with and respond sooner with some actual help instead of just ignoring your customers.

Still waiting for help with this crap.

I can’t uninstall the battlenet launcher now. I have no idea wtf is going on. I am unable to uninstall it and when delete the files manually I can’t reinstall a fresh copy. I get an error code which leads me to a link saying there are missing files. If there are missing files, then that is your fault because it is a new fresh battle net download that is missing the bloody things.

More help:BLZBNT50000005C

You still haven’t responded to my ticket about this.

You haven’t answered this thread or the other one.

HOW ABOUT SOME HELP WITH THIS OR DO I HAVE TO CALL A LAWYER?

3 Likes

right here with you. their app is broken.

1 Like

worked like a charm for me. make sure you Get every last blizzard/BN Folder in all The Tech’s Locations and even check other areas in your install locations whether it be C:/ D:/ or what have you. you can even save your games for later use by deleting the BN folders within the BN Main Folder. negating deleting you game files and just rescan later.

I love how this kinda buggy shi- happens SO gosh darn diddly dang often with Blizzard’s apps that I have these pages saved on my damn browser, now. .______.

this worked thanks g

I just started Powershell (cmd works too I guess)
Write “ipconfig /release” press enter
Write “ipconfig /renew” press enter
Write “ip config /flushdns” press enter

Worked for me , did try the delete options before (did not work)

3 Likes

same issue & done what Kharga said, i deleted the battle.net folder, then opened up the launcher on admin and it worked perfect. thanks so much

Same issue.
Most solutions you can find were tried.
Made a separate post if that matters

1 Like

I’ve joined the club.
For me it’s happened the moment I upgraded to Windows 11, which can’t be a coincident.
I’ve done everything listed, including manually deleting all Blizz Programs. Removed WoW, D3, SC2, anything to do with Blizzard. Took me 1/2 dozen attempts to just reinstall the app, it kept stopping at 10%~, and then a bit over 50%. I finally got it installed and running, and right back to where I started.
Not sure if I should wait for a response from Blizz Support, or just roll back to Windows 10 and hope that fixes it.
Meanwhile, my game time keeps ticking away, been 4 days since I’ve been able to log into any game.

Still having the same issue, nothing from tech support, nothing about a refund because they broke every game I have purchased, time for a lawyer?

The Tech Support guys got in contact with me, and offered some suggestions to go through.
It turned out to be my Internet Security.
I’d already tried turning it off temporarily, and adding the Blizzard Files and Folders to the exception list, without any success.
However uninstalling Norton completely, and then restarting my PC, fixed the problem immediately.
So for anyone else experiencing this problem, I’d suggest uninstalling your Virus Protection as part of you efforts to trouble shoot the problem. It may not work for everyone, but it certainly fixed my issue, after I’d tried everything else on the forums and tech support.

A Big that’s to Game Master Ixzal for their time.

Silvarstar

1 Like

When youre just a regular normal person who only wants to play a game that you paid and then the game wont let you play because of the update agent sleeping that always keeps happening without you doing anything and they will just say that its your personal computer fault, like you dont have any problem with other games except only with this Blizzard. That I got tired of this.

I’m having this issue for the past couple of days. I figured I’d reinstall windows on a clean disk but nope, still doesn’t work. I don’t even have any security software installed yet and it still goes to sleep.