Forum Avatar is displaying incorrectly for Starcraft 2

My in game avatar is the infested stukov with the burning face and it should reflect that on the sc2 forums, but just recently it changed to the generic sc2 blue logo for whatever reason. There are actually several people who are having this issue. (See: Forum avatar shows incorrectly - Bug Report - SC2 Forums)

Can this be fixed?

2 Likes

Hi BurnD, and hopefully, hi Website support team.

The cause of bugs revolving around SC2’s mismatched forum avatars has recently been mostly identified : it is caused by mismatched portraits batches on the website compared to ingame batches, starting with batch 9. I have detailed what batches are mismatched or not in this thread, at the start of the match-table.

This is an issue which relates to an interaction with the game and the website. However, as it was not know the cause at first, I have reported it in the bugs section. Caterpepi, of the support forum, suggests that I also mention it here. So, as what I’ve done is primarily intended as a bit of help for the team in charge of the issue, here am I reporting it there.

So far the mismatches have been nearly entirely identified, I’ve not totally defined the behavior of the 8th and 9th batches, but should report them on the original thread (in SC2’s bugs section) when I’ll have ascertain those.

If one member of SC2’s bugs section team or of the website team could confirm all that information has been taken in account that would be great. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi again.

There’s been two more waves of avatar stalling bugs into SC2’s forums (turning forums’ portraits into the default one). This seems completely unrelated to ingame status, and even to the profiles websites pages (despite the batch lists ≥ °8 still being mismatched), but it happened in two waves between the 22 and 23th of October, and between the 26th and 27th of the same month.

So if there’s anyone reading this, there’s something that was done on the forums’ website during those dates that seems to cause the bug. Though it might help pinpointing it to report it. :umbrella:

Hello,

When I login in the SC2 US forum, I may randomly either have the image I picked ingame, or (as previously stated in this topic) a default image displaying SC2.
The reason I’m reviving this topic is because of a curious phenomenon I observed that may be of help to understand the details of the bug:
Right now, in this post, I can’t see the normal avatar of the player, BUT in the quote of this post, it appear as it should, while if I start writing a quote of the user in the first mentioned post, the preview would display the SC2 image.

I hope this information will help to evaluate the details of the bug, to eventually fix it for good.