Forum avatar shows incorrectly

My forum avatar here is showing incorrectly. My in-game avatar is Stukov with the burning face, and even if you inspect my profile online (checking achievements, etc.) after a while you will see it come up, but on here it’s the plain sc2 logo. This actually just happened a few days ago. Can anyone help me with this?

FYI: I already tried resetting the avatar in game and reloading everything and emptying browser history and all that. Thanks!

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I’ve been in and out of the game several times since it happened, and have tried swapping the portraits in game.

The portrait in-game is fine, it’s just the forum portrait that’s stuck as what’s showing now. It started a week or so ago.

3 Likes

I think it started around the Mengsk release in co-op, so what, November? That’s when people started to have the SC2 logo as their profile pictures, or just a plain blank blackness.

2 Likes

Ahhh gotcha. Well it’s not a huge thing, though it would be cool if there was a fix for it.

1 Like

This happens sometimes with this forums, let me ask you this, did you log in from your phone before it happened? because I did it and then this happened, could be just a coincidence though.

I did log in on my phone when it happened so it might be related, but I am also a regular phone browser as I tend to browse in between games or on loading screens.

This started happening to me yesterday and I did nothing different to log in nor did I change anything.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d switched over to Mengsk in game and got the black image. I’ve since switched back to my old (Raynor) one and now I’ve got the SC2 logo.

1 Like

Hey Guy’s,

Do you guy’s have problems equipping different skins for all races in the game. It won’t equip or something in the game. I got some working and other’s not working. Thx.

Walter Chow

Just wanted to add, I’m seeing an ever expanding amount of SC2 logos, so it’s clearly not an isolated issue.

1 Like

Any updates on this blizzard? (I realize you are currently very busy with the WC3R situation and this is probably extremely low on your priority list).

Any update on this? I would really like to get my avatar back.

2 Likes

So… Do we know if there’s any progress with this? It’s pretty hard to see who’s responding to whom without clicking on the reply icon when nearly everyone has the same picture.

And I’d love to get back my individuality

As an example, 2/3rds of the people listed in this picture have the problem:

1 Like

I think it works fine when u quote someone, gonna test with this one.

Edit: no it doesnt, but I’ve seen some no avatar quotes to show the avatar.

Blizzard? Any response to this ever growing bug?

From what I’ve seen if a post is old enough it doesn’t update the picture in the quote, so anyone who changed it (or got the logo) some time after the quote may have a different avatar compared to it.

1 Like

We are back! log out and log back in.

1 Like

Very nice! Thanks m8!

1 Like

I have this problem as well. Just look at this stupid picture. I have nothing of the sort selected in game, but there it is.