Fix for 170GB "Update"

@Frank

So after deleting all the folders… this is what my Launcher currently looks like, what do you suggest?
https
://imgur DOT com/iagPB6e

Press the locate game button see if it changes from install to update then the only option is to update.

As soon as i locate the game folder…

it jumps straight to downloading the update 114GB Remaining. :frowning:

Ah balls, the only other thing you can try a repair but the only 100% fix for me was being able to use my old working files so if you don’t have access to that you might just be wasting more valuable time, sorry :frowning:

Gonna try and do a system restore to a date before the update would have happened and see if I delete the files and then repair and see if this fixes it.

Do you have the ability to look at previous versions and follow steps in the first post on this thread? if so that fixed it for me

Doing the system restore now to the 1st but I think I chose the wrong date which if I did I’ll redo it to just after the 27th after they released the other patch!

I’ll double check see if anything is on there! I might make a copy of the entire folder and then restore version on one and see if there are any differences at all.

if it has restored the files you should be able to tell from the version listed in the .build.info file in the main Modern Warfare folder, but yeah good idea to backup

I’m restoring to the 27th before I attempted to play so let’s see what version that is showing.

Cool, yeah i think the main issue is once that 170gb download initiates you cant get around it without overwriting the files from before then, it sounds like theyve fixed the launcher now but I have no idea what files control the update progress etc.

However if they get overwritten with the old files then technically its as if it never tried to re download the entire game so you should be able to follow the same steps as me and a couple of others to get it to kick off the 200mb update instead!

Hey everyone,

So i tried everything here and no luck. I already started the 170gb download, tried the steps here without the restore point (as I dont have one), and the download pauses when connecting to EU or America. It does however download on the asian servers but at 250 kb/s, which would take over a month to download.

Is it worth just uninstalling cod and battle net and starting from scratch?

Thanks

They have throttled the download speeds so would be better to keep what you have than uninstall completely as will take even longer unfortunately

1 Like

Frank can you copy your .build file text into here?

or atleast some of it? mine says

Branch!STRING:0|Active!DEC:1|Build Key!HEX:16|CDN Key!HEX:16|Install Key!HEX:16|IM Size!DEC:4|CDN Path!STRING:0|CDN Hosts!STRING:0|CDN Servers!STRING:0|Tags!STRING:0|Armadillo!STRING:0|Last Activated!STRING:0|Version!STRING:0

Does your’s match?

Yeah exactly the same, are you on this version 1.18.1.7517517 or 1.18.0.7517517 mine was 1.18.0.7517517 when using the older working files 1.18.1.7517517 after 200mb update

Just finding out now give me 10.

Do you find that 1.18.1.7517517 version number in battle net settings under about?

No this is in the .build.info file
The version for battlenet should be 2.19.4.7010

hmm,

After deleting the build.info folder and doing the steps, its not in my cod folder anymore. I’ll repair and see if it comes back and at what version.

Thats fine, it recreates it when updating but honestly if you cant restore from previous versions it could take longer trying to get it working than downloading. Without input from blizzard etc it’s a bit of a trial and error & guessing game :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah fair enough. If it doesnt work ill wait till tomorrow n see what blizzard are doing, if nothing then ill just delete everything and start from scratch.

Id imagine and respect things will be slower due to the whole virus situation. Probably half their work force is off.