Cannot connect to battlenet

I keep getting the message that I have been disconnected from Bnet. Google searches seem to suggest I have been banned for 14 days, but this makes no sense, as I meet none of the criteria for doing this. I was literally playing normally, and then I got kicked out and now cannot get back in.
Can someone check to see if I have been banned for 14 days? And if so, explain to me why the hell that is? This is unacceptable.

1 Like

Hey rax,

Restrictions come in different forms and lengths depending on what causes them. To find out if you are restricted and for how long, you can submit a support ticket to inquire. You can use this support ticket .

There are several required fields in order to submit: (assuming Windows) a Traceroute upload, a DXDIAG upload, an MSINFO upload and a Description. (If on a Mac, I suspect the process would be the same, just with different file names.)

The file uploads aren’t needed for this kind of inquiry. So, you can

1. manually create three text files,
  2. name them with their respective names,
  3. put something inside them (anything will do, they just can’t be blank inside),
  4. upload

Then type your question in the “Description” field and submit it. Make sure you reach the confirmation screen.

Support can tell you if you are restricted and for how long, but they can’t tell why.

So it turns out that I have been temporarily restricted for some odd reason. Can you elaborate on what exactly gets restricted? I don’t want to have to wait 14 days - nor should I have to.
If I change my public IP, get a new battle.net account under another email, and buy a separate version of the game on that account… will I then be able to log into my Diablo 2 account and keep playing? What exactly is it that gets restricted?
Thanks in advance.