[Main Thread] Diablo II on Mac stuck on Checking Versions

same thing for me.

I need help ! I don’t want to buy a new pc

I have had the same issue since last thursday on US East server. I contacted support - Here is an highlight of their reply:

“”"
We’ve had several similar reports and are looking into possible causes and fixes, and we’re very much aware of the issues at the moment. We hope to resume normal service as soon as possible, so you can get back to enjoying the Blizzard Games you know and love.
“”"

Hope it get resolved soon!

thanks buddy ! i hope it too

UPDATE:
If you are having trouble connecting to USEast, check your game version in the bottom left of your screen. If it says anything besides 1.14D, please use the update found in this support article to manually update to 1.14D.

Afterwards, try connecting again.

Just to note, legacy D2 is not supported on version 10.15 (Catalina) and higher.

Thank you for your reply.
Can you ask why it has been removed.
I am 10.14.6 Mojave and it was working on friday.
Still not working… “checking versions” stuck

If the steps in this article don’t resolve the “Checking Versions” issue, you can contact support to ask if you are under a temporary play restriction.

You just joined the club with the rest of us on Macs who are stuck on the same “checking versions” screen. In my non technical opinion, it has nothing to do with temporary bans. Far too many users with the exact same situation going on. I got a similar message when I called support, just hoping they are actually trying to fix it.

Please don’t deter people from at least contacting support to find out, thejtshaw. Like I pointed out in another thread, the issue from Weds was resolved, and additionally I’ve been able to get onto USEast without a problem since.

Are you playing on a Mac?

I have a Mac laptop that I’ve been testing it on since it was first assumed it was a Mac issue.

But you were not previously playing on a mac, all you’re doing is testing? This isn’t the same as those of us who have been playing for months (or years) on a Mac now having a new issue. Is that correct?

Yup I’m screwed just like everyone else. “Checking versions” and nothing working.

No, I wasn’t. But being able to connect with a Mac shows the connection is viable.

Again, the concern here is your deterring people from at least checking to see if they are under a paly restriction.

I’m not deterring anyone from filing a ticket, everyone experiencing issues should so Blizz knows this is an ongoing problem. But it’s blatantly obvious all these same people are not having a restriction issue.

When I say people should contact support, I mean to check for a temporary play restriction before jumping to conclusions about where the problem is.

When you post things like…

…that is deterring them from doing so, thejtshaw.

Additionally, because you aren’t privy to the circumstances behind anyone’s connection issue, there’s nothing obvious that you can base that conclusion on.

It doesn’t mean there isn’t a new problem, but until it’s acknowledged, if players can’t connect, and if they want to know if it’s a play restriction (and how long), contacting Support is the way to find out.

Yes - I can say that i talked to a lot of mac players and many of us have been stuck at “checking version”.
I would strongly advice everyone with the issue to contact support. Sending them the trace route may help them discover where their server is broken. So everyone should contact support. Maybe they will accelerate a fix.

Unfortunately, I have reinstalled Diablo 3 times and I am, like all the others, stuck on “checking version”.
I am also playing on a MAC and I am worried my characters my delete :frowning:

On another topic, is D2 Res going to be mouse and keyboard compatible on Xbox one?

Hey folks,

When trying to connect to USEast, check your game version in the bottom left of your screen. If it says anything besides 1.14D, please use the update found in this support article to manually update to 1.14D.

Afterwards, try connecting again. It will be helpfull to know if it works or not and what brand of computer your using (PC/Mac).

It is 1.14d but still can’t play… stuck at checking versions
It’s been 4 days now…