Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Unexpectedly Large Patch (March 27, 2020)

The best part in this story is as a lot of people are quarantined and they and their family are working at distance, we can’t even download the game during the day because we need the connection for working
So what a huge amount of bliss and joy when I woke up and saw that the download of the 74Gb “update” was interrupted and that I won’t be able to play today as well and that I won’t even be sure that I will be able to play tomorrow if I get a new interruption ~

1 Like

I cant even download it since 26h!
Changed Server and tried all your “solutions”…
Nothing helped.
I paid for the game to play it, not to download it. But i cant even do that… Great job and no news…
Will I/we get any compansation??

Edit:
I found a way to download it, if I pause the download all 5 sec it get some progress ( ~0,03Gb). But I won’t do that, got 135Gb left… Who has the time for that…

2 Likes

I downloaded during the night, and this morning I was able to play again. Seems like downloading the whole update “fixes” the problem.

Can’t even call it a fix. I feel sorry for all the people who download at low speed or get errors all the time.

2 Likes

and you call this a fix!!! you should be ashamed of yourselves. i will NOT spend 80% of my internet traffic on this bulls…t. there are other free BR games to play without noob dev problems

1 Like

For all those who have speed problems:
I solved it with a VPN.
I had to download the whole game again, (I still don’t finish) but now I download to my full potential.

1 Like

The thing that’s really frustrating me is that there is no communication, no engagement with the customers… literally nothing… We don’t even know if they are working on a fix, if we did then it would probably be quicker to wait for a smaller patch than to redownload the entire game.

For anyone new on this thread here this is how I fixed mine, If I had a better understanding of the files I would be able to provide a fix for them but they aren’t communicating.

4 Likes

so any solution? not going to download 83gb again…

1 Like

you can’t do anything, there’s no point in doing anything.
Download and be patient

Yeah sure, I mean it is only 171GB after all, I will just reinstall no problem. Dumb mofos

6 Likes

Hello is there any lawsuit possible ? . I mean this problem was never solved and blizzard give us no answers or anything ?

4 Likes

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/23368319

Looks like they are just focusing on the fact the downloads are slow and in fact saying they are slowing it more so to allow everyone to redownload the entire game.

The previous notification of failing patches that was up last night has vanished?

2 Likes

im interested in this as well

I’m getting lag and my game freezes “warzone” even tho im getting good fps when everything is at high and also i put everything on low but still got lag and freeze and i was about getting 270to300 fps can u plz help me.and also i get this thing where every time i open warzone it say downloading i would let it download but then the next i go on it,it will sad to download it again

in my comp there was a download about 83gb, i had done a repair and it became 73gb. my download speed 800kb please help i dont want to download whole game again.

still going with mine after allnight

same still got 43 GB left does anyone know if this update patch has been fixed yet by blizzard

1 Like

At a time when we’re in a Covid-19 crisis, people need proper internet bandwidth to work from home, and you guys are still releasing patches every few days. And with this 171GB patch, well, you just destroyed the internet in Europe with everyone trying to patch their game at the same time.

Can you guys just stop patching for a few weeks while we are in crisis? I get that you have Agile methodologies and stuff, but getting your customers frustrated and screwing the internet for essential workers is against that methodology altogether. Stop patching a game that works. We can deal with the weapon balancing etc. later.

3 Likes

Have a look at this it might be able to help you - It looks like the second part I posted has worked for someone just waiting on confirmation!

Appreciate the effort Frank but unfortunately it didnt work for me.

This is the 5th time the client demands me to redownload the whole game. This is why i quit the time before that one but i wanted to try warzone
At this point, i wont accept “just download again and it will work this time” as an answer.
I simply cant have access to a product i paid for and this is unnacceptable

1 Like

Alors Blizz on règle le problème ou non ??? On a payer pour jouer…