Bnet installing stuck at 45%

Tank you so much! Mine also works!! :kissing:

It is a miracle. I put enUS for both default and locale. That just works so smoothly. Damn right!

Running windows 11 pro, battle.net launcher and everything battle.net related stopped working and uninstalled itself, keep getting same issues as above and nothing is working.

I refuse to add any more time to my WoW account until the issue is fixed and i can re-install battler_net launcher.

1 Like

i have installed battle_net launcher on a different windows 11 computer and ran fine, i then copied it to a usb drive and copied it over, it is now running at the moment

macos的朋友们,删了这些文件,然后重启,再安装就ok
(有些可能没有)
~/Library/Application Support/里面的blizzard 或者 battle net的东西(我已经删了 忘了叫啥了)
~/Library/Preferences里面的这些:
com.blizzard.errorreporter.plist
com.blizzard.Installer.plist
com.blizzard.launcher.plist
net.battle.net.app.plist
net.battle.Authenticator.prefs
net.battle.Identity.prefs
net.battnet.battle.plist
还有
/Users/Shared/Battle.net
最好重启下,不然删了的东西可能在内存里面缓存着(系统小白,说错勿笑)
ok,重启后重新安装,选择英文语言!!大陆服务器已经没了
下面是reference, 关于完全卸载battlenet的详细列表
google 搜 How to uninstall Battle.net on your Mac,第一个macpaw。暴雪不让贴链接

1 Like

macos的朋友们,删了这些文件,然后重启,再安装就ok
(有些可能没有)
~/Library/Application Support/里面的blizzard 或者 battle net的东西(我已经删了 忘了叫啥了)
~/Library/Preferences里面的这些:
com.blizzard.errorreporter.plist
com.blizzard.Installer.plist
com.blizzard.launcher.plist
net.battle.net.app.plist
net.battle.Authenticator.prefs
net.battle.Identity.prefs
net.battnet.battle.plist
还有
/Users/Shared/Battle.net
最好重启下,不然删了的东西可能在内存里面缓存着(系统小白,说错勿笑)
ok,重启后重新安装,选择英文语言!!大陆服务器已经没了
下面是reference, 关于完全卸载battlenet的详细列表
google 搜 How to uninstall Battle.net on your Mac,第一个macpaw。暴雪不让贴链接

1 Like

I have a fresh built desktop and a fresh new windows 11. Installed many softwares and I just can’t imagine it’s so hard to to install the MAIN app for ALL the blizzard games. I don’t understand why there are ANY extra steps required on my side to make this work. and plus I TRIED most of the methods listed above, and none of them works…wow, blizzard, good job. wow

Same here, tried to reinstall after a while and get this.
I have tried the following:
*Regedit
*Change network, reset network
*Deleting any trace to the game
*Running as admin

I checked the Agent’s logs, it’s waiting for user data while updating, but no prompt show.

Also stuck 45% via Codeweavers Crossover MAC OS Sonoma M3 Max

this works for me. thanks a lot! :grinning:

1 Like

Me too. Stuck at 45% Codeweavers Crossover MAC OS Sonoma M1 Max. Not sure where this sh*it is broken: Crossover or Battle.Net installer.

Thanks a million! This works for me too! Basically I just went to the ProgramData folder, and then under this folder, I deleted the entire Battle.net folder. Then I ran the Battle.net installer again and it worked! I believe this issue is because BLIZZARD stopped its service in China but the system considered whoever it using Chinese language be the one within China so stopped them from using the server. Not good BLIZZARD!

Problem solved for Mac, it’s about the language setting.

1. Delete the Battle Net folder in /Users/Shared/
  2. Download the battle.net agent in /en-US/ region, I’m not allowed to post links here.
  3. Open Terminal on Mac and copy this code: open -a ~/Downloads/Battle.net-Setup.app --args --locale=enUS --region=US --session=, then tap Enter.

I learned this from Bilibili and shared it with you guys.

1 Like

今天尝试了以上的大多数方法,都没有生效,直到看到某篇文章,提到了添加 hosts
于是在 hosts 中添加了一行
137.221.106.28 cn.patch.battlenet.com.cn
问题解决。
顺带一提,上面的 IP 来源于 us.patch.battle.net 的解析。

1 Like

To fix this you don’t edit anything, you have to delete the entire battle.net folder that is located in the programdata section, then you go look for the hidden folder under user for appdata under local and delete anything that says blizzard entertainment. another section is the registry editor you go to the HKEY_Current_User local blizzard entertainment and or battle.net if you see both delete them both. this clears all battle.net files. Once you do this you have a complete clean install of Battle.net doing the edit is just a temp fix. This fixes more than just the install of battle.net like it was a brand new install on the computer. Blizzard hides files in numerous areas and if you don’t clean them all you will always have problems if you have already had a problem.

2 Likes

Thank you soo much! Stuck at 45% on a relatively new PC. Deleting the following resolved the issue: 1. ProgramData folder (this is a hidden folder) → battle.net 2. lots of people say changing to enUS in the regedit solved their problem, but mine was enUS to begin with. Deleting, yes, deleting the blizzard entertainment in the regedit file solved my problem.

1 Like

For those still having the error despite clean installing → switching networks seems to situationally fix it and start the installation process.

100% this fixed my issue!

28 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Main Thread] The Battle.net Update Agent stopped at 45%