Battle.net update agent constant asking for permission

The update agent keeps popping up asking for permission even in the middle of games. I recently updated to win 11 then went back to 10, after doing so I had to reinstall everything. After reinstalling the update agent seems to pop up at random times asking for permission. How do I fix this?

3 Likes

Itā€™s so STUPID how often this pops up with no help so far.
I just installed Win11 Home on a newly built PC on 6/21 and since 14:15 on 6/21 - right now it has popped up THIRTHY NINE times based on the Switcher-XXX text documents in the BNet > Agent > Logs.
On 6/22, it LITERALLY popped up at 23:38, 23:40, 23:41, 23:41, and 23:43 pulling me out of the game I was running.
5 times in 5 minutes!?

Pretty sure at this point if it helps Iā€™m just gonna uninstall BNet and if I want to play a Blizzard game (almost exclusively WoW) will just launch it from the Retail folder.
Shouldnā€™t have to force BNet launcher to be closed every time I launch a game because of this nonsense.

3 Likes

Posting to get more traffic on the topic. Itā€™s been an issue for me too.

Cross referencing my EU post.

I have exactly the same problem as described in this topic.

** edit: not allowed to post a link. Look for on ā€˜battlenet-client-elevated-prompt-keeps-popping-upā€™ on EU forums

1 Like

Here you are:

1 Like

3 days passed, no help nor fix.

Pretty sure this problem is different from January, its like a week old or so.

My advice for gamers is to check settings ā€œclose battle.net completely when the game startsā€(so it wonā€™t interrupt your gaming), but UAC prompt when you launch battle.net manually wonā€™t go away ofcourse. So it has to be fixed.

Chiming in, I have it to. Pulls me out of Tarkov right in the middle of a firefight. Iā€™m going to uninstall it, it does nothing for me but let them harvest my data, which is clearly why it asks 29x a day for permissions while literally no other app does the same (even the literal fan and GPU controller Lol) while running in the background.

Same here. It is really annoying that it constantly pops up when Iā€™m doing WoW raids. Even worse it wonā€™t stop and continue to pop up again and again even if I clicked Yes.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the BNet entirely, to no use, it even pops up the moment I installed BNet back.

I tried the latest beta client but same problem (2.34.0.14908 (beta)

I would recommend everyone to also file a bugreport. You can do that from within the battle.net client in the menu. I highly doubt this forum is actively being monitored or taken seriously by the battle.net devs. Make sure to reference these topics as well.

Thank you for the suggestion, just did it.
Maybe I should file a bug report every time it happens and see what comes first.
A fix, or a ban. Lol

1 Like

+1 to this. I just fresh installed battle.net and HOTS yesterdayā€¦ this is now popping up and interrupting everything once or twice per gameā€¦

1 Like

Same here, please advice

1 Like

so this is not a fix but a way to stop the pop ups while playing
settings > app > on game launch turn this to exit battle.net completely
this wont stop pop ups while keeping the app in the back round it will stop the pop ups while playing any game on the app. or you can just close the app after launching a game.

there is also a fix that you disable UAC pop ups in windows BUT this ā€œfixā€ could be very harmful, So donā€™t do this unless your 100% sure you know what your doing.

Does anyone have a fix for this yet because it constantly pops up. Iā€™m losing my mind over this.

have the exact same issue since upgrading to w11 about a week ago, every 2 hours i get a popup disturbing whatever iā€™m doing.
Sent a bug report and hoping for the best

1 Like

Bumping this post, same happening to me.
Nonstop UAC requests interrupting gameplay, only started happening on my w11 pc last 2 weeks

Have made a bug report in the battlenet client, recommending everyone to do the same.

1 Like

Same problem. Brand new computer, Win 11. Itā€™s popped up a half dozen times today, while I was playing a game on another client.

No fix yet to my knowledge.

But Iā€™m sure theyā€™re getting hella sick of me ā€˜bug reportingā€™ every time it happens through the BNet launcher.
Hell this is the default template Iā€™m using now and just paste the newest log / occurrence number, lol. Think Iā€™m up to #58 or something.

Please see the following in the Desktop App Tech Support forums.
https:// Battle.net update agent constant asking for permission
https:// Battle.net keeps asking for UAC permissions when launched

Prompt # since 6/21/24 @ 14:15

*Edit
Had to space break the URL as it was just embedding the threads, haha.

1 Like

ok i see everyone is looking for a fix, this is a bug there is nothing you can do on about it.
until then just bug report it.

also there is a fix for it while playing,
settings > app > on game launch turn this to exit battle.net completely

this wont fix the bug while keeping the app open in the back round.

so you donā€™t really have anything to do about it until Activision Blizzard are going to fix there app.

Same thing is happening to me. Earlier this week i had to wipe windows 11 as part of a trouble shooting thing from lenovo tech support, diablo 4 is one of like 2 games on my os drive so i had to reinstall it from game pass, roughly a week later (today) i set the game back up and started bangin out some nightmare dungeons, and seriously like once every 45 minutes Iā€™m getting prompted by battle.net update agent to approve it making changes to my system. It totally takes over the screen and minimizes the game while Iā€™m in the middle of a dungeon. I went into the batfle net launcher and turned off all updates while playing a game, turned off automatically installing updates etc. And it still keeps happening, wt actual f are they thinking??? Iā€™m 100% sure this was not happening to me 2 weeks ago. What changed and how do i stop it?