Battle.net keeps asking for UAC permissions when launched

I actually have hearthstone installed without problem, but pretty much each time I launch battle.net naturally (for example I want to relog into HS(launcher closes when the game starts) it asks for UAC permisson, which is annoying.

Any fix? Was it an installation glitch?

So I tried to reinstall battle.net and it didn’t work.
I noticed one interesting thing tho. Back when I reinstalled battle.net previous time, there were leftovers in programdata and appdata/local. one of them contained 3 folders, another 2.

Now its 2 and 2 folders, which means one is missing, which was probably called “battle net helper”. also there was a program “Battle.net admin agent”, now there is not.

Sad that no “blue” will read nor answer this. Im curious, maybe this can help them in the future too?

2 Likes

just started getting the same yesterday and today. disrupting my game in the middle of boss battles several times in DIablo IV

I too have been getting this.
I just built an entirely new PC with Win11 Home and started using it around mid-evening yesterday , and in the course of running WoW had the UAC pop up and pull me from the game mid-fights no less than at least 9 times in a 5 hour session.

Looks like problem is coming with recent battle.net installation. Previous builts used “admin agent” and this one doesnt, instead “update agent” or whatever is asking for UAC constantly.

Deleting folders in appdata and appdata/local didn’t help.

Please fix or tell us what to do.

I also found battlenet_helpersvc in my services when battle.net is uninstalled. Why this remains in my system?

Just to make sure I provided all information, both programdata and appdata/local contain “Battle.net” and “Blizzard Entertainment” folders only.
Not sure if its intended or not, but I also had “battlenet_components” (or whatever) in the past + A SINGLE Battle.net Admin Agent UAC prompt, and then UAC didn’t bother me ever, but after a fresh installation IT DOES bother every time i relaunch battle.net app.

TBH, as expected, no help here. Serious issues will never be adressed, better help kids to hold a spoon.

3 Likes

There has to be a fix for this. Playing games is extremely frustrating with this happening every 15 minutes.

Has anyone found a work around? Does it cause issues to just force close BNET after starting the game? Maybe just perm setting BNET to always run with admin privs in windows?

What is the app even trying to do? Everything is fully updated on my PC not sure what the deal is here.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue ever since I did a fresh install on my PC. It will popup even when I’m not even playing and everything is up to date on my PC

1 Like

Same.

Since yesterday I’ve just been forcing battle.net to close after launching Overwatch or just running it without the launcher at all.

Not a fix but at least I can play the game without being interrupted.

I have the same too, since i installed battle.net on my new win11 pc. for me it happens every 2 hours, i suspect its caused by running battle.net on win11 because most people i see having this problem are on win11.

Not a complete fix, but I changed the battlenet agent properties to run as admin. This gives you the ONE UAC prompt when you load the launcher. further UAC prompts are not occurring anymore during game play.

Open file explorer, go to C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.8767. Right click on agent.exe click properties, then compatibility tab, select run as admin.

Hopes this helps.
Kathorgan
Mankrik

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.