Battle.net update agent constant asking for permission

just close the app while not using it , and while playing
settings > app > on game launch turn this to exit battle.net completely

cause there is really nothing else you can do about this, its a bug with battle.net and win11

I had the same issue after rolling back from Windows 11 to 10. I fixed it by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and adjusting the Advanced options to limit notifications. You can set it to not bother you during games or even pause updates for a bit. It made a huge difference for me!

1 Like

Fresh installed Windows 11, same Problem. Battle Net App keeps poping up, asking for restrictions. @Blizzard, whatā€™s up there. At least an Info could help

same issue
I even reinstalled windows and still constantly popping up.

even had it pop up in middle of boss fights and take me out of game.

For some reason, recent battle.net installations are not registering executable with elevated privileged to execute, so it agent update requires elevated privileges everytime it wants to run.

To workaround it, if you only open bnet to start your game, you can just setup bnet client to close when you open the game.
If you maintain the launcher always open, another alternative is to enable compatibility settings for Battle.net Launcher.exe enabling the opton ā€œRun this program as administratorā€ in Compatibility tab of the executable.

Note that itā€™s workarounds, itā€™s Blizzard fault and they should fit it.

Same issue here, fresh windows 11 install, pops up multiple times a day pulling me out of any game Iā€™m playing.

Has actually caused me to die in some of those said games.

For now I have uninstalled it untill I hear thereā€™s a fix.

Same issue, windows 11 fresh install, continuous popups asking for elevated perms, even while playing other games, and the popup will often minimize the other game to do so. I need a fix, please.

Same issue here, I am from Mexico and this started since a couple of days back.

Looking at the details of the pop up, looks like is a file in C:/ProgramData folder.

is there any fix on this? Just got a new computer and this is driving me crazy. Never had this happen before.

Not a fixā€¦ but a workaround that seems to work for mostā€¦

In the Battle.Net App Settings, set the App to fully close when you launch a game.

You can also submit a bug reportā€¦ as suggested here.

It keeps going. No, its NOT installing OR updating any games, but Iā€™m fairly certain the uac notification has crashed at least one game. It has broken me out of fullscreen on other games several times. Itā€™s not a feature, its a bug, and modern ā€œsupportā€ systems ensure bugs like this get swept under the rug for months or years anymore.

i had problems with bnet sleeping then when i fixed that it wouldnt update any games.After a week of trying i reinstalled windows and managed to download cata classic but kept getting bent update window popping up every few mins.
Couldnt download any other games as would not get past the first window.
Just tried to log in now after work and back to bnet sleepingā€¦sort that and wont update cata classic so back to not being able to play any gameā€¦

1 Like

This is an issue for me as well, where is the fix?

the fix is to uninstall and quit giving blizzard money.

1 Like

im not sure how definitive of a solution this might be but opting into the bnet beta client i havent had the update agent pop up asking for perms for several hours, will keep updated on if it stays that way or not

Yea same havenā€™t seen it whole day.

But I wonder what they did. Because Iā€™m pretty sure battle.net client did not got updated (version number is also still the same). If they are able to fix this on their end then I really wonder what they change and how it affected our systems? Was it gathering logs or other type of information. Bit weird if this has been solved on their end without updating the client if you ask me

1 Like

Blizzard, can you please fix this? Its been about a year with this issue. Battle.net client keeps popping up very frequently and stops other games that are not from blizzard

Yes, I told them that. Thanks for showing them a picture.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.