Battle net installation stuck at "updating Blizzard agent"

im on the same proplem after modern warfer update got stuck i need help this sh!t is pising me off pls fix

Tried VPN and alternate regions, still nothing. Stuck around 600% on updating agent. If the issues are partially by the file as stated then its only compounded by the cod update. Sit and wait it out i guess…

1 Like

Update: Finally installed Battle.net and now updating Overwatch at 300 KB/s. I guess it is just down to their ‘well funded’ servers being hammered.

Well… I nuked my BN installation because it was still at 90%. Tried that CN launcher - very funny, I got stuck at Blizz Agent again. I almost freaked out. Shut it down too, but… I actually saw that my first attempt was a success - BN installed. Even though the installation never went past those 90%… I hope it will not bite me in the аss later.

Well, I logged in, changed my region(both, in the launcher and at SC page) to US and now I’ve got 1,2-1,8 MB download speed. That’s at least something.

Ye got exactly the same problem. Tried to reinstall battle.net but stuck at 0% for all eternity

Like always Blizzard forgot to fix servers before updates, now we are going to wait a whole day for this “fix”

Same here new installation windows all new . Router reset turn of on . Everything i tried on yotube and other sites nothing works for me here .

1 Like

Same here.

• Game won’t start, so i tried to reinstall B.app
  • Stuck on “updating”
  • Tried remove all blizz / b. net files from various location (all of them)
  • Restarted whole network, flushed / renew / release IP / DNS
  • Tried 3 different internet connections (cable home, wifi from café, LTE)
  • Found LOG file in B. net install folder that throws the same errors - conection timed out / disconnected

I want to play my games and yet i am thinking i am to blame and my internet .

Same here … reinstall is also not working.

Damn and I almost uninstalled the network drivers…they had to screw it the day I get my PC from service. Seems like only solve to this problem is using VPN trough America server.

Hello

Guys I hope this helps you>>

I also downloaded a new battle app and got the same problem.

I then read some were just to leave the app open and give it time to update.

Well that worked for me now, it is finally updating slowly but it is working. Good luck

downloading a VPN works for getting past the “updating agent” i used nord VPN, its free

Ive reinstalled my pc lately and now i got stuck on updating(fresch install). Tried every workout on the internet(not knowing there is a huge cod update going on).

Switched to the states with vpn and its working FOR now, still extremely slow… Updating blizzard agent got abit more completed now:)

I got a VPN pointed at America, then it suddenly worked. Didn’t even need to restart the installer.

Same here. Tried all solutions but nothing worked. I think we should all wait a little while.

Hey all!

We greatly appreciate your reports as they help us track emerging issues such as this. Our teams are currently investigating a potential problem on the client-side regarding these update issues. To help aid this investigation, we are asking that you send us Blizzard Logs. This link has the instructions on how to get them. Once you have the zip file, please email it to us:

To: Techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject: Updating Blizzard Agent
Attachment: The log file of course!
Body: Please link this forum thread so I know what the email is related to.

Please note that the email inbox is for receiving files only. We do not send replies from this email. Any support requests submitted to the email will not be addressed, so be sure to follow-up with us on this forum thread. Do not send files unless an agent requests them!

1 Like

i tried different stuff, what is “working” for me: just start the blizzard launcher, then cut the internet connection for at least 60-90sec so that it shows in the launcher that its offline, then enable it, and the download(of the game) should resume. This does not work for the launcher update, but it pauses and resumes the game update.

who thought it was a good idea to have an overwatch event patch & a cod patch at the same time? the servers were bound to die at some point.

1 Like

I temporarily connected to a US VPN and the installation worked fine. Still getting horrid download speeds with my “native” EU internet provider. If I connect to a US VPN provider, I get atleast 100Mbit (500/500Mbit here)