Battle net installation stuck at "updating Blizzard agent"

First of all, I saw a lot of such threads over the years.

But no, I can’t reinstall the app because I can’t install it in the first place.

I can’t delete my old battle net files because I don’t have them - clean Win installation.

I shut down all of my security programs like Avast and even added the exe file in exceptions. Nothing helps.

And it is stuck in this for hours.

Any other brilliant suggestions from tech support?

31 Likes

I just started having the same issue. I started the app and it got stuck updating, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but now it’s stuck installing. It gets about 1/4 the way then stops.

I’ve tried all the ‘solutions’ found on this forum and other sites, including trying a different network. Nothing has worked.

11 Likes

I’m both glad and sad to know I’m not the only one. Glad because that means the problem is not on my end, and sad… well, because this thing even exists.

The only “progress” I got is that update bar changed from 1/4 to 1/3… in 4 hours. Great.

3 Likes

It’s the COD update, all their download servers have gone to crap whilst everyone downloads season 5

3 Likes

Really?! Oh, Crap…

upd

Finally!
I’m currently installing Battle net. 7 mins in and still 0% xD

I dread to think about what will happen when I will try(!) to install SC 2!

1 Like

I got the same issue. Absolutely horrible.

yeap!!am waiting over 4 hours ,about 2gbs :frowning:

Had the same problem , if you found some reason to fix it just tell us. Have a good day :slight_smile:

Just got a new SSD, and wanted to reinstall the Warzone (along with BN) on it…
I have literally spent the last 4 hours trying every solution on every thread from this forum, independent forums, Reddit, and even Youtube videos.

So far nothing has worked, my Battlenet update is stuck on 25% (give or take) and I’m clueless and furious for having spent so much time on this seemingly silly issue…

Is there any solution or comment provided by Blizzard / Battlenet?

1 Like

Nope :slight_smile:
It’s literly the same problem like the not working downloader (in generell)
for the eu-servers.
They just cant fix this. Buying more bandwith speed is to much to ask for.

1 Like

Yup got the same problem. Alot of people are having this issue atm. Tried all the so called ‘‘solutions’’ but to no avail. I think we just have to let it be, it may take several hours. But that’s where I’m at right now

@LinkCragun i got my installations working by vpn over america.
So it’s not a “real” problem but more like a “nah, they won’t get it now”. To bad i only have 2.4GB bandwith left =(
Not enough for the missing 40GB

Same problem here and no way to fix it tell me if you got a solution.

That’s a weird move on Blizzards part. Like, you know, prioritizing like that…but rip to your bandwith… feelsbadman…

Update of Battle.net was forever on 0% then uninstalled the app and now it won’t install anymore. Need help!

2 Likes

2 hours and my Blizzard installation is at 90%. And that’s a mere 250 megs! I don’t want to think about how long it would take install something bigger xD

I don’t think there is anything we can do about now. If MrT is right, and it’s COD update… we’re gonna have to “wait”.

same issue here, I went through all previous suggestion from official, and unofficial websites, nothing help, i have absolutely no battlenet related file on my PC, but stuck at updating agent nonetheless…

Give it time))) it took 4+ hours to update my BN agent.

hello found a FIX for now, download with a VPN from America and you can download blizzard again. worked like a charm. basically no traffic from there. still HUGE traffic in EU.

3 Likes

@RobotNinja, this is not what you call a “FIX” rather than a “workaround”…
and i already mentioned that a few post before ^^
but because you have limited download size if you’re not willing to pay a lot of money, it’s not helping for long.