Battle app *whoops something broke* update/repair loop

So I was trying to play wow classic, game was stuck on loading the game on login screen ingame, and DCs every time. Go to retail, works fine. Use repair tool on WoW classic, get the whoops something broke error, then try to repair again, same thing. Go to retail and now it is stuck in this loop and cannot play ether or. Tried everything in the book from uninstalling everything literally, disabling security/protection, ran as admin etc.

17 Likes

Hey there!

This specific error and behavior with the Battle.net Desktop App is typically caused by a conflicting third-party program such as an anti-virus, or a corrupted local Battle.net or game files. First, to rule out corrupted Battle.net files on your computer, try re-installing the Battle.net Desktop App with these steps:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard Battle.net App (skip Step 6 for now, we will re-install later).

2. Next (before re-installing) let’s delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders in the Windows temporary file locations below. If you don’t see all 3 folders in each location, that is okay—just delete the folders you have):

• Press Windows Key + R and type: %LOCALAPPDATA%. Delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders.
    • Repeat the process for %APPDATA%, %TEMP%, and %PROGRAMDATA%. Delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders.
  3. Finally, re-install the App.

I hope this does the trick! Let us know if you have questions going forward.

3 Likes

Didn´t work for me. Still having the same issue…

After reinstalling Bnet app it was in the older version and still had the same error.

4 Likes

Did you submit a ticket? Did you get a reply or another fix? Please post if you do, I will do the same. Thx for your input!

No, didn´t submit a ticket.
Reinstalled the game and it´s fixed.

A post was split to a new topic: Tragic scan and repair loop

For me, reinstalling the game was the only thing that worked as well.

i had the same issue. i just scan and repair first. but it didn’t work. Then I installed battle.net and delete anything that is related to battle.net or blizzard in temp folders. For do so, I Pressed win + R and Enter each one of these below and i went to that folder and search for any sign of battle.net or blizzard or blizzard entertainment and delete them:

%PROGRAMDATA%
%TEMP%
%APPDATA%
%LOCALAPPDATA%.

I reinstalled battle.net and the problem was solved.
Hopefully, it helps.

3 Likes

All i did was go to Call of duty Modern Warfare > Data > Indices

i deleted the indices folder and restarted battle.net and it worked! Thanks!

4 Likes

exactly . for me also this was the fix .
but didnt even bother restarting battle.net

1 Like

worked for me too!
I deleted the indices folder and restarted battle.net and it worked! Thanks!

I think I figured out the solution. Or at least my problem seems to be coming from the Battle.net Update Agent (32 bit). But it’s Warzone only that has a problem. if I uninstall it, it takes me a few tries of restarting my computer, fidgeting with opening and closing battlenet until it would luckily install. Then any time an update comes out, it can’t update.

Then one day I decided to just end the process for the Update agent and wala, it’ll update next time I hit the update button.

2 Likes

I found the Data - Indices…deleted all files, still getting the dreaded

Oops, something is broken. Try restarting the Battle.net app.Error Code : BLZBNTAGT00000960

Nothing works like always with this client.

2 Likes

Still no solution. I have tried everything. It drives me crazy. Someone please help me find a solution to install BATTLE.NET

I have tried deleting battlenet and reinstalling it. Still looping between reparing and updating ( Error Code : BLZBNTAGT0000096A).

I have even t ried to uninstall WoW but it will not let me, same thing ( Error Code : BLZBNTAGT0000096A).

Procedures I performed:

1. Close Blizzard processes.

2. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to bring up the Task Manager.

3. Click the Processes tab.

4. Select all Agent, Blizzard Battle.net desktop app, and game processes, and click End Process.

5. Navigate to the folder containing the Battle.net directory:

6. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialogue.

7. Type *C:\ProgramData* into the Open field and press Enter.

8. Delete the Battle.net folder.

9. Run Battle.net and update the game to see if the issue persists.

I delete anything that is related to battle.net or blizzard in temp folders. For do so, I Pressed win + R and Enter each one of these below and i went to that folder and search for any sign of battle.net or blizzard or blizzard entertainment and delete them:
%PROGRAMDATA%
%TEMP%
%APPDATA%
%LOCALAPPDATA%.
I reinstalled battle.net

Please help…

3 Likes

I have the same issue on Mac that only started after the regional maintenance yesterday. Repair and scan didn’t work. I’ve uninstalled Battle.net and deleted all Battle.net files and reinstalled and then tried to uninstall the game via Battle.net app but it is unable to complete the uninstall. I’ve just resubscribed after 2 years away so this is very frustrating to encounter :confused:

I had the same issues, make sure all of your drivers and shaders are up to date and restart your battle net, you may have to scan and repair the game one more time but after that you should be good

Before you do all that stuff. Go into your data folder in your World of Warcraft Main folder.
Check if any of those files are 1kb. If they are, delete them. And restart battle.net.

2 Likes

I had that same problem 2 months ago, the endless loop of updating and scanning. I totaly reinstalled everything. Now on the new patch, i encounter some problems that every time i drink a flask i need to reload. Very Annoying. I posted a ticket put ill have to wait 2 weeks for sombody answers. (great Service) So i thouth well maybe Sacan and repair helps. Now agian i am in this loop. I deleted the files you suggested( No result). I deleted the 1 Kb Files no result. Uninstall reinstall battle net no result. Since the game is over 81 Gb Installing it every 4 weeks is getting annoying. Idemand some service. I pay money every month and i cant play.

1 Like