Battle app *whoops something broke* update/repair loop

I’ve got the same issue, can’t start WoW now because I pressed “Scan and Repair” in the Battlenet Launcher because my sound effects ingame weren’t working even after restarting. Now it scans the files and when it’s finished I get a Windows Popup for allowing it and then the error occurs. Have reinstalled Battle Net (+ deleted blizzard, bnet, blizzard entertainment folder ins appdata etc.) and it still doesn’t work. Kinda sucks to not have a fix for this right after the new expansion launches…

1 Like

Having same issue. Cannot play game, have to update. in the same loop as syrex.

So, I had the Overwatch black screen issue, my screen went black mid game for no reason and then it kept doing so each time I entered a game… then I tried to repair it and I got this error, tried every fix, even used other cleaning programs to get rid of the remaining files after uninstalling, reset my pc 100 times each time after, used CMD to verify and repair my corrupted pc files 'cause I didn’t know what to do anymore, still not working… pls find a fix I need to grind my last battle pass title… ;-;

Maybe 2 weeks ago I reinstalled Windows 10 and updated it to newest Win11…also all drivers are updated. I installed Battle net client and tried to install all games… I installed SC1 and SC2 and everything else was very slow download (5-10kb !!! ) I set download limit to 0…my internet connection iz 200/200.
Then I uninstalled BN client and, when I tried to install new one, nightmare started. “Updating Battle.net Update Agent” constantly. I tried every solutions from net/forum/youtube…deleted all files from 4 folders…turned AV off…FW off…DNS servers changed to google…tried clean admin account…compatibility mode…run as admin…everything ! And problems is still here.
Please fix this ! I paid for the games that I can’t play !

Real, spent 70 dollars on MW2 for the multi player to crash every 3 matches then this come up. smh

Yeah so for me I had to close STEAM, as soon as I closed STEAM , Battle net was working fine. FYI I have destiny installed through steam so I don’t know if that was still trying to talk to battle net, but yeah . that fixed it for me anyway .

Worked for me, thank you.

having some issue. cannot play game, have to update.in the same loop as syrex ı spent dollars ı hate world of warcraft

I have the exact same issue with Diablo now. Stuck in endless loop of “Initializing/Aplying updates/trying to download anything but being stuck”. I’ve never had any problems with Bnet client before. Already tried reinstalling the App and the game, nothing works.

I’ve had this issue for over a week now, it all started with me trying to pre-install Diablo IV before launch so I was good to go. Didn’t work, tried everything or two days then I decided to uninstall and reinstall Battle.Net Launcher since that was one of the suggestions mentioned that I haven’t tried, made new users on my computer as well.

Absolutely nothing works, I got an answer on my ticket about the issue five days ago, went through every suggestion and no fix, wrote back on the same ticket two days ago but no answer yet. I’m beyond frustrated with this, especially since I pre-ordered Diablo IV to play it on launch with my friends but I can’t even install the BN Launcher!