Tragic scan and repair loop

this literally made everything 1000x worse cause now i have all of my games deleted and it still says “oops” when i try to download them

Hey there Tragic,

The topic was a couple years old and so I moved your reply to a new one. Seems you reinstalled the Battle.net application after it got in a scan and repair loop and now your games won’t even let you try to reinstall them. That’s quite alarming!

I am thinking the files are still there for your games though, as removing the app doesn’t delete them. The app can however have problems with it’s settings and knowing where the games are so it can be used to install, patch, and launch them.

A common cause of this is bad files. Even doing an uninstall of the Battle.net app doesn’t remove all the files. What I want to do at this point is nuke anything relating to it and then work on locating the game files so you can then proceed with any needed updates or at least narrow this problem down further.

1. Uninstall the application
  2. Press Windows key + R and type in %temp%
  3. Delete anything related to Blizzard or Battle.net
  4. Do the same for %programdata%, %localappdata%, %appdata%
  5. Reinstall the application. A fresh installer should be downloaded

Once it’s installed and you’re logged in, we want to address the games since the folders deleted above are settings folders. You just have to tell the app where the games are. There is a “Locate Game” button next to the INSTALL button that you can use to point it at the right spot. That should change the INSTALL button to UPDATE or PLAY. Press UPDATE if it’s presented and the test things out. If you get an error here, try using the INSTALL button and when prompted for a location, point it at where the game files are. It should scan the folder and then only download what’s needed, if anything, as well as fix it’s own settings for where it’s located.

Let us know if that works, a new error is seen, or if this made no difference at all. Take care friend!