Banned for no reason - COD MW2

same thing happend to me no clue why i got false banned, also litterly no support

4 Likes

Same thing happend to me. Blizzard sent me to Activision, who I made an apeel to lift the ban as I thought it might have been a bug. The reply from Activition (probably a auto generated message) was ā€œin shortā€:

ā€œā€¦permanently banned for using unauthorized software and manipulation of game data.ā€

ā€œTo preserve the integrity of our security systems and detection methods, this is the only information our policy allows us to share regarding your case.ā€

Shouldnā€™t one have the rights to see what potential application is getting detected from the anti-cheat software?

6 Likes

Makes no sense 51 mins into open beta I am banned, what the hell is the anti cheat scanning?? I have no file that is a threat to the game, disappointed in support and this crappy anti cheat.

3 Likes

This happened to me too. 15 years on steam and never cheated. I didnā€™t even play a single game. I despise cheating but these false bans need fixed.

2 Likes

I have steelseries headset too and got banned. 15 years on steam never cheated. This is really bad.

1 Like

Adding to the scam of 22 list. Got to level 4 and was told that my ban is for manipulating game data. Super interesting that everyone else is having this issue and we definitely didnā€™t get scammed out of $70. Literally had all of 2 kills in the match that I got banned in. Iā€™m clearly a really good cheater.

1 Like

Happened to me as well. Unfortunately they will most likely keep everyone banned before they admit their anti cheat was causing false bans. Shame that my high level steam account is now tainted with a game ban when I didnā€™t cheat nor have in prior cod games.

2 Likes

So I havent played COD since Black Ops III, but decided to give the new one a try since it was an open beta.

I downloaded it through battle.net, logged in and played a game no issue. I played a single game of Groundwar (or whatever its called), I had approx 15 kills and 12 deaths with the M4 loadout. I probably had an accuracy of about 10% (lol).
I went to go and have lunch, and came back to sit down and have a session to properly see how good the new game is. To my surprise I came back to ā€œAccount bannedā€.

I opened the game and my account is Permanently banned.
I followed the instructions to appeal the ban and went to ā€œAppeal a Banā€
I received what I presume is the canned response everyone else is getting from Activision - " banned for using unauthorized software and manipulation of game data ."

Iā€™m absolutely gutted, and theres no way iā€™m creating a seperate Activision ID for a single game, when I havent done anything. Iā€™ve put in a support ticket with Activision customer support and waiting for a response from them. But this is a good way to have a flop, to ban thousands of genuine players before they can even experience your game.

I have nothing running that should be ā€œunauthorized softwareā€. My system is a custom build (Ryzen + Nvidia 3080Ti). Only the following software is running:

Windows 11 Pro (21H2)
Game Launchers: Steam, battle.net, Origin & Epic.
Hardware apps: Asus Armoury Crate, Corsair iCUE, ROCCAT Swarm, EVGA Precision X1, Stream Deck App & GoXLR App.
User apps: NVIDIA Broadcast, Discord, Spotify, Plex HTPC, Chrome & Adobe Creative Cloud.

I highly doubt my machine is infected with anything as:

• Its a reasonably clean / fresh install
  • Dont download anything untrusted
  • I use Pihole and block most malicious sites
  • I use Windows Defender & regularly run Antimalware (Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes).
4 Likes

How did you submit a ticket I been banned and there is no place to submit a ticket for PC on my support tickets.

1 Like

I went to their support site. Then clicked MW2 > Battle.net > Activision Account > I canā€™t unlink an account or Iā€™m having issues with 2FA

Then if you scroll down there is an option ā€œSubmit a ticketā€

Itā€™s incredibly difficult to get a case logged with Activision.
Once itā€™s logged though it will show up under ā€œMy Casesā€ under Activisions support site.

You can also call them I believe on +1 (310) 255 2000 or +1 (310) 255 2050
Theyre M-F 11AM-8PM PST

Iā€™m outside of the US, so this becomes exceedingly difficult.

1 Like

Have same issue played only 2 games, other times game crashed in the main menu.
Postponed playing till it fixed.
Launched the battle net today, found that i am banned.

1 Like

If possible, can you keep this post updated on the response you get from Activition? I am curious to see an actual interaction with a human, and not a bot sending out pre-wroten ā€œreason of banā€.

Activition has to acknowledge the fact that their ā€œnewā€ anti-cheat-software might not be the best on the market right now. And have to come through and just say they messed up on this one.

Possible sulution is to ā€œun-banā€ everyone on the launch of the real game (yesā€¦ there will be some cheaters at launch thenā€¦), and use THIS example to give the anti-cheat-dev. feedback. A beta is all about feedback form the players right? It is really upsetting that a BETA-ā€œanitcheat-bugā€ will effect the final launch.

I also got banned for nothing, only played 30 minutes of it

2 Likes

I have also been falsely banned from the MW2 Beta but also MW 2019 and WZ. literally never hacked a game in my life

1 Like

This is the official MWII beta feedback form, please write your issues here so we can hopefully bring enough attention to the issue.

web.cvent.com/survey/de61a2b6-fd91-411d-b218-9c45e1c216ad/questions?l=en-US

2 Likes

I also got banned for no reason. Have had the same account for years and have never tried to cheat or anything. I filed a complaint with BBB. I think everyone should try that as well.

1 Like

I appreciate your suggestion, and Iā€™m not trying to be a downer, but really when was the last time you checked with a BBB before patronizing a business? Itā€™s an extortion racket, and your complaint will go nowhere.

Sadly, now that the weekend is over, the only recourse weā€™re going to have is legal. Iā€™ve been debating on opening a small claims suit. As Activision is based in California, it would cost $50 to file the suit, as long as youā€™re requesting less than $1500. Iā€™m Canadian however, and I donā€™t know what additional costs would incur, or if Iā€™d have to travel to CA in order to appear in court in person. Also, American courts terrify me because of how pro-corporation/anti-civilian they are.

At the very least, this whole ordeal served as a stark reminder just how toxic the CoD community is. Itā€™s just a shame this lesson cost me $150, and mark on my permanent record. It hurts to see my 19 years of pristine, ban free gameplay wipe away due to a bug in a BETA TEST. As a software developer, this helps to be a lesson on the importance of code reviews and testing and I just need to be extra diligent in my work.

3 Likes

I have used stuff on cod before but I stopped and reset my pc there is no hacks on my thing anymore and Iā€™m not banned on cold war which is a activison game too but I feel that Iā€™m banned because Iā€™m banned on mw19 and vangaurd Iā€™m starting to think if the anti cheat gets you on one game then it gets your other games too but I havenā€™t done anything wrong and reached out they said I have stuff so I wasted money and time grinding was so fun but they ruined it ofc I think Iā€™m banned from just beta tho.

Iā€™m another victim to whatever is going on here. Filed an appeal and received the ā€œManipulating game dataā€ response. I downloaded the beta via the battle.net store.

Iā€™ve never cheated on a game in my life and I have no idea what could be causing this. Had no issues with Vanguard or Warzone in the past.

1 Like

I notice you said you are a software developer, as am I.

I wonder if some common developer software is drawing a false positive on this new ricochet system or whatever it is. Would you happen to be using a keyboard with QMK firmware by any chance?

Iā€™ve got Docker, Windows Power Toys, Android Studio, Idea, Rider, PyCharm, VS Code, and Unity installed on my machine. Any of those for you?

1 Like