Banned for no reason - COD MW2

I bought and downloaded mw2 and was very excited to play the beta with my friends. I played one game and was sitting in a lobby waiting for the next game to match and my game crashed, an error pop up saying to scan and repair. And then on the screen it said i have been permanently banned from mw2 servers “[reason: CASERMA - RHINO]”. I thought it must be an error with the game since its in beta and its buggy as hell. But i went to appeal and they denied my appeal saying that i was using unauthorized software and i was manipulating game data.

I have not used any cheats, i dont have any unauthorized software and i’m not manipulating game data. I’m at a loss about what to do. I dont know who to contact about this because the only line of communication is through that appeal process. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

38 Likes

I have the exact same issue! I was able to play for 1.8h and when I woke up this morning I got banned?

20 Likes

I have the exact issue as well, I am very irritated because I spent $100 on the game and now I can play it!

7 Likes

And I submitted a ticket and havent heard anything back yet.

7 Likes

if they dont reserve your ban, try getting a refund.
i was able to return the game and got my money back thankfully

4 Likes

good you loser stop f cheating they aint stupid i been seeing cheaters already in this shi game where can i get a refund at?

2 Likes

maybe he actually was cheating?

2 Likes

Did you buy it on steam or directly from them?

3 Likes

bought it on battlenet store

2 Likes

The same thing happened to me i dont know what to do

4 Likes

appeal it through the activision website, post on reddit and forums.
refund the game if you can, maybe if enough people start refunding they will look into these false bans

6 Likes

i just experienced the exact same thing, i was mid game and got banned for no reason hope they sort themselves out because i just lost £60 lmao

5 Likes

I asked for a refund through Steam and Paypal. We shall see…return policy is less than 2h played = a full refund. The game hasn’t been released yet, so we should get a refund.

4 Likes

I had this - ban appeal was rejected.

I bought it on Steam and tried to refund there, but they rejected it because I have a Game Ban in it now. I’ve sent a support ticket in to plead my case, but I don’t see it working.

I can’t chargeback because I don’t want to lose my Steam account. Feels like I’ve been duped and have no recourse tbh, there’s nothing I can do to prove my case or understand why I was banned.

7 Likes

yeah, i feel the same way. Did you buy using paypal?

1 Like

all hail the mighty ricochet WHOOOOOOOOOO. I am a so excited bra it even tell you when you report someone they have the date and year and it says that person is under review im so glad i dont have to cheat to compete. Stop cheating nerd :nerd_face: you’re not nadia you guys don’t understand only streamers with big followings are allowed to cheat PERIODT. Im Snitching

THIS SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME… i have no history of cheating on any cod and i grinded since beta came out and have 7.6 hours on the game and then out of nowhere my game crashes and im banned??? It makes no sense… worst part is I cant get a refund from steam because I have over 2 hours.

5 Likes

YUPPPPPP, even made a 2nd account and that was banned as well in my 2nd game.

Just got my appeal denied, and they won’t tell me what program caused the issue for their “data integrity”, such b.s.

Im playing on Xbox for the weekend then canceling my pre-order.

4 Likes

the denied my appeal, got refund on my 1st purchase, not on my 2nd account(made after the 1st was banned)
Now im playing on Xbox and planning to cancel pre-order after this weekend

3 Likes

I found a random, post about Overwolf, does anyone else have overwolf installed/running

1 Like