Banned for no reason - COD MW2

No ban here, but can y’all tell me where are you guys from? I wanna play the beta so much but I’m afraid of ban :confused:

1 Like

just type in google - appeal a ban activision
but its just been sending out automated responses that its final.

2 Likes

Same thing here: “CASERMA - RHINO”.

Not cheating, 30+ years of cheat-free gaming going back to LAN parties playing DOOM…

4 programs on my machine which might be causing false positives:

1. Open Hardware Monitor 0.9.6 (for hardware monitoring).
  2. Aquasuite X.53 (for fan controller).
  3. John’s background switcher 5.4 (switches desktop backgrounds every 5 minites on all three connected monitors).
  4. Acer RGB Light Sense 1.1.7.0 - changes LEDs on back of main monitor to match on-screen content.

anyone else here with a perm-ban also running any of the above?

3 Likes

Same here. Literally played 1 game with 23 minutes total play time just to get Perma Banned. I’ve never cheated, the idea makes any game too damn boring. Just when I was going to get back on COD since BO3 they hit me with this. I guess i’ll just stick with Apex.

4 Likes

Get this, didn’t even get into one single match before I got the ban. DIDNT EVEN PLAY THE GAME! Last time, absolute last time I ever pay for another one of their god awful products. All i want is my money back now. Never been in this situation before but it feels bad, like I’m being used and stolen from.

4 Likes

I was also just playing and got banned lol. its the weekend beta so i didnt spend any money. still kinda mad tho. ig im just too good.

4 Likes

I wish I could say the same, unfortunately I am fuming and really upset. They will never see a dime out of me ever again.

6 Likes

Same happened to me. Got two games in and it banned me what a frustrating way to launch a game. I talked it up. Convinced 8 of my buddies to play again and here i sit banned…

3 Likes

UPDATE:

GUYS, I formatted/reset my laptop, only installed steam and call of duty mw2 and STILL GOT BANNED on a new account reason “CASERMA-RHINO” AGAIN !!

So whatever is causing this is not some dodgy software I or you installed, for me I believe its the actual ASUS native software that comes with the laptop that is triggering a ban.

Honestly if this issue goes this deep, I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Just play on XBOX or PS5 with a different Activision and Microsoft/Sony account cause your ban will affect and follow you on all platforms.

3 Likes

I did a fresh install of windows, with only steam and COD installed, got ban even before the main menu. So if its software it must be something native that comes pre installed I’m guessing.

ASUS TUF DASH F15
I7 11TH GEN
GTX 3060
Monitor MSI MAG241C

I’m using a Lenovo Thinkpad dock to connect external monitor and Gamedac to connect steelseries headphones. But no software installed.

3 Likes

What I recommend people is, keep making new COD MOW 2 beta accounts wait for the ban then appeal again under the same circumstances and demand your main account to get unbanned.

If it happens to a minority then we will most likely be ignored cause they’ll get away with it. Don’t forget consumer laws don’t apply to gaming companies and their costumer service at the same level as everything else.

3 Likes

There is no point in trying. The bans activision give are hardware ID bans. There is no way around this issue except using illegal software lol or buying a complete new PC… don’t re-use any parts.

3 Likes

maybe i got banned for using msi after burner and it detected overlay but thats sum bull

2 Likes

Hello, I’ve been playing all Activision titles for two years without any problem, including CoD MW, CoD Black Ops, and Vanguard.
I purchased the Vault edition of MWII and after 10 minutes of playing the beta my account was permanently banned without appeal “for using unauthorized software and manipulation of game data”.
Since I have not used any unauthorized program or manipulated game files, I guess it is an error or it is due to some program running on my pc (which however obviously does not create any problems for other Activision games).
Please check my ban again and help me solve the problem, or specify more precisely which program is dangerous for the game.
On all other Activision titles I have no problem.
Thank you,
Activision ID: Mister # 6685885

3 Likes

Hi,

You need to appeal the ban… here: Appeal a Ban | Activision Support
… and it’s unlikely they’ll tell you which progam / software is “at fault”.

Good luck !

2 Likes

I just got a pc 48 hrs ago, Same thing has happened to my BATTLENET accounts twice! One the first, it banned me frm warzone and modern warfare, then I made a new one and it banned me frm mw2

1 Like

I have exactly the same. I had not even played yet and I got banned with the Caserma-Rhino notice. I have appealed but this needs to be fixed as I have never cheated in any game. What’s the point of cheating!

1 Like

I had no play time and exactly the same ban. Played for years, and never cheated or was banned from any game. They need to fix this for people.

1 Like

I was just falsely banned, how do I appeal? I literally just fresh installed windows and started playing. My game crashed and then after getting into the 2nd lobby it closed and said I was banned.

4 Likes

exactly the same happened to me… blizzard sent me to activision, made an apeel, but they just close the case en say : FU :triumph::scream:

3 Likes