Banned for no reason - COD MW2

This has also happened to me.

Downloaded on Steam yesterday morning to play a couple of rounds before the end of the open beta, had a round of invasion and then a round of ground war. Enjoyed what I played and decided that’d be enough to secure a pre-order so closed and uninstalled. Yesterday evening a message popped up on the Steam client and on my Steam Deck that I’d been banned.

I appealed it and it’s said " Your appeal has been reviewed and we’ve confirmed with our security team that your account has been permanently banned for using unauthorized software and manipulation of game data . As you were the account holder at the time of infraction, your ban will not be overturned."

I’m pretty annoyed by this as I’ve never cheated in a game ever and was just trying the open beta to see if I’d want to pick up the full game. Even if they overturn this I’d be hesitant now to buy if this can happen. I’m also more annoyed that it now shows on my steam account listing me as having a ban for cheating in a game!

1 Like

This forum is for community based troubleshooting of issues with the Blizzard Desktop Application. As mentioned earlier any issues with Activision licenses/restrictions would need to be appealed through the earlier provided link to Activision Support. No one here in this forum or at Blizzard can address an Activision game penalty.

I was banned in MW2 on steam pretty much right when the beta ended. I hadn’t played it since the 24th, adn only had like 5 hours in game, never cheated, and yet was banned for using external software. Sent in an appeal to Activision, but the ban was finalized??? Is there anything I can do to get my ban lifted or am I screwed.

3 Likes

i was banned too for no reason after 10 minutes Match. My ban got removed today. IDK what it cause but im done with COD on PC bought on Xbox now XD

1 Like