Actions Taken Against Unfair Gameplay

Yesterday, we issued numerous suspensions to WoW accounts that were found to be violating our Code of Conduct. Affected players were e-mailed with details about the violation and suspension – a great many of which were found to be using anti-AFK cheats or bots that automate movement, especially in Alterac Valley.

This was the most-recent in a series of similar actions we’ve taken to address unfair gameplay in WoW Classic.

Please be reminded that using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating. Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.

We’ll continue to monitor reports of and take actions against players who circumvent AFK rules. If you come across a player violating the Code of Conduct policies, please report them.

Thank you.

92 Likes

Thank you, Kaivax. Stick it to the cheaters.

:cactus:

26 Likes

Nice, thank you. Now please look into reversing battlegroups for 59 and under. It separates a thriving community.

20 Likes

about 5 months late.

26 Likes

Oh, boy I hope some warlords got their rank taken away.

11 Likes

Nice! Thanks Kaivax :heart:

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the farming bot suspensions.

4 Likes

You heard him (AV) premaders.

13 Likes

Feel free to disconnect from your discord.

17 Likes

Damn, I didn’t report anyone but had a random guildie that I noticed was level 1, in IF every time he logged on and would do nothing but try to sell Elemental Fire in trade channel. I’m fairly certain he’s connected to the level 60 hunters with owl pets on my realm always up in Arathi farming fire elementals.
I kicked him though. Even if he’s not part of some gold selling thing, a level 1 that solely exists to sell crap isn’t helping guild much.

6 Likes

this is good but imagine designing a battleground that just doesn’t reward completely afk players in the first place.

10 Likes

Thanks! Now ban MORE! Especially those filthy gnomes!

1 Like

@ Kaivax,
Thank you, Your team just made my day better.
Keep up the great work.
Also thank for Classic.

4 Likes

You gkicked one of your guildies’ bank alts? Strange flex, but okay.

31 Likes

Is using logitech keyboard software to make macro to jump every 30 seconds (not in BG’s, just when in main cities so as to not DC while cooking dinner and lose magewater&food which had to pay greedy mages for etc.) classified as anti-afk cheating? Asking for a friend

Map advantage favoring the Horde = unfair gameplay

5 Likes

Pretty sure that’s exactly what they’re talking about. As well as jump macros on mice.

2 Likes

20 alliance not trying = unfair gameplay

10 Likes

I would have to assume so, What I do when cooking dinner is come back every 15 minutes or so and move then go back to cooking dinner since it only takes a few seconds to do so.

6 Likes

That seems pretty clear to me. So you might tell your friend to err on the side of caution and stop doing that. I believe they use something called the Warden client to scan a small portion of the Code segment of running processes in order to determine whether any third-party programs are running.

3 Likes