Blue post about bots

They were virtue signalling earlier, but that’s easy and doesn’t risk the ire of their Chinese overlords.

they are tying but not enough. on chinese servers, 210k accounts are banned in one week, which is posted in their blue post. but still not enough.

They did give a blue post response and explained it very well. They ban bots in 1000’s every week but they just make a new account and do it again as its profitable as the player base pays real money for gold and boosts. You want the bots to go then it needs to not be profitable for them to bot and the only way to achieve that is for the player base to stop supporting them and paying money for services and gold

1 Like

Weird that they claim to ban thousands of bots a week, but the same obvious botters have been logged in 24/7 and are still there now on my server. Odd that you’re taking Blizzard’s side when they’re pushing the blame on us.

Cause its the logical reasoning.

The odd things is, they punish people for breaking the rules in battlegrounds, eg:

And yet apparently botting does not seem to warrant the same response. Does botting not violate Blizzrd’s Code of Conduct? Did this action not involve bots, as stated?

It’s difficult to understand the thinking, really.

3 Likes

Uh huh. Not that Blizzard refuses to hire people or pay attention to Classic, it’s because the playerbase is at fault. Suuure.

What about the fact many obvious bots are still unbanned?

So blizz bans them they make a new account and do it again it takes less than a day to hit max lvl and the gold is not tied to the botting account so it affects them is 0 actual way. As long as players are paying for that gold that pays for the next account and sub plus more and they are then the ban achieves what?

It does not take less than a day, and ten minutes of attention from a GM can set back a bot weeks - but they aren’t banning them. That’s the entire problem. You’re making excuses for Blizzard, and not actually using logic like you claim.

You’re seriously wrong in so many ways.

The average speed lvl yime of 1 - 60 is now 13.5 hours how is that not less than a day now? How is it setting back weeks? When none of the gold or resources are even on the botting account. I don’t think you know how they work

That’s absolute garbage, unless you’re talking people who only boost - and bots won’t be boosting, unless other bot accounts boost them. And again, a small amount of time from a GM will cause the botter to waste a lot more time. You’re not addressing that.

I think you know a little too much about how they work. Hmm.

As someone who used to bot and sell gold from classic to cata before leaving the game came back for legion and enjoyed it enough to stay I can safely tell you thats how it works and a banned account think a had about 6 or 7 over they years sets back absolutely nothing

Say what?

The latest speed record on levelling 1-60 is apparently 36 hours, and thats speed-aided.

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=316363/zeegers-sets-new-speedrun-world-record-for-leveling-1-60-in-wow-classic-real-tim;

2 Likes

Ahh, so what you’re saying is you’re a botter, and are making excuses for Blizzard as to why they shouldn’t ban you. Gotcha. Also you just admitted Blizzard doesn’t ban accounts enough, as you botted for years with only a handful of bans.

Thanks for proving my point.

1 Like

Like I said botted from vanilla-cata I don’t play classic and aint nobody botting in retail (maybe cause with the wow token it isnt profitable?)

If you don’t play Classic, why are you here? Rather suspicious you’re so vocally defending Blizzard’s inaction on banning botters in a game you don’t play…

Again I say, what?

I have personally seen numerous botting toons in BfA zones. And I’m sure many others can confirm this. You need to straighten your facts out before you drop them.

1 Like

Where? I see mee multi boxers im one of them but botting can’t recall seeing any.

You probably don’t see any because you multibox bots and aren’t actually playing.

Oof. You revealed yourself.