Zygor in violation?

I’m curious because I know it’s a violation to charge money for addons or use a subscription. Isn’t Zygor in violation of the terms of service by selling it’s guide as an addon? Don’t get me wrong I would never illegaly download something that a person worked hard on. I’ve had a few months of subscription with zygor. Today I got a message it was done and I’m debating if I should update and pay another $7.99 for something that is already done. If there is a massive update and new guide added, I wouldn’t mind paying for an update. 7.99 to use an addon? That should be a violation isn’t it?

Zygor has been around forever. If Blizzard could get rid of them, they would.

Zygor is “free” anyway, for smart people.

I know what you mean FREE for smart people. They’ve put in a lot of work to make QoL easy for us. I’ve spent $33 in total since my account was open I believe. A little too steep for an addon that only gets massive updates with new content. I don’t think it’s right to pay $7.99 a month. Why isn’t blizzard doing something about it? You can’t even monotize your youtube videos with games unless you have permission with the gaming company.

I had to look up what the heck that was.

My lord, if you need anything like that to play this game, Hello Kitty Island Adventure is right up your alley.

10 Likes

It’s useful in Classic, since there are certain points its very efficient to grind mobs instead of hearthing with a quest log full of completed quests.

But there are free alternatives (WoW-Pro, AAP)

it’s like leaving game and browsing on Wowhead for a few hours, only you never leave the game and can keep playing. it’s SUCH an exploit I know, it’s not like the game is a 15-year-old bloated monstrosity that’s so cryptic you have to go to a third party? At least zygor is in-game.

Wut? Why would you need to browse WoWhead for hours? Seriously, this game practically holds your hand every step of the way lol.

2 Likes

Even with zygor I occasionally have to hit up Wowhead to find a NPC, do one step of a quest that is nonintuitive, or look for the process to do a pet/mount. Example, the Riddler’s Mindworm. Zygor tells me what dungeons to go to and what room to look for the page, but Wowhead shows me where in the room the page actually is.

If I’ve outleveled an area that I need to do a quest chain in, zygor shows me where the questgivers are because they won’t have the exclamation marks in game unless you specifically mouse over that NPC. There are aspects where the game does not hold your hand.

I was gonna mention in my post about this. Not necessary for you to post a reply. I’ve conquered this game for 15 years with every single class. I’m not about to sit here and do it all over again the old fashion way. Respect the people’s option to use an ingame guide for speed leveling. Does not make you a bad player because you use a guide. Your input is not needed here.

I don’t have time in the day to play for hours like you. I have a job.

2 Likes

Lol, alright. I’m sure you’re the only person around with a job.

If you have been playing for 15 years, you would know that having something like that isn’t really needed. Besides, like what was already said, there are free things as well. If you want to speed level, just get Azeroth Auto Pilot.

3 Likes

Really depends on how they distribute the addon when you get down to it. It would be like all those “Free” mobile games that have microtransactions to progress faster. Yes, technically the game is free but eventually you’re going to pay money to jump over a hurdle.

Have never personally used it though. I just use my own memory of the game to level these days.

1 Like

There are already numerous other addons that give you guidance for free.

1 Like

Wut? There is literally an option in game to turn that on.

3 Likes

Free games with microtransaction they actually work on the game. Zygor is not an affiliate of Blizzard nor are they part of the WoW team. It just boggles my mind why pay for a service monthly? I don’t mind paying a one time feel like a guide book $24.99. $7.99 a month to keep it active is against TOS.

Zygor is a great addon that lets you find all the hidden stuff in game that ELITEST like Sabbia who plays the game with a blind fold to challenge her/himself to be an elitest. I find it more convenient in the crap show they call retail today. It does help a lot with time, not gameplay.

Really, and it only shows the lowlevel quests specific to the chain I’m doing? I don’t see every single lowlevel quest I haven’t done?

I mean that’s a you problem at that point. If you can’t read a quest and tell where it’s pointing you to go, I’m not sure what to tell you.

This is very accurate.

I guess it’s not sinking into your head now is it? Let me try this again and maybe you will understand slowly. Zygor…does…not…help…with…gameplay. It’s meant for speed leveling and more convenient on time. Blizzard already shows you where the quest is without addons for retail. In classic, there are addons to use for your map. I’m guessing the thousands of people that download Questie suck at the game and are not elitest like you? Step off, you are not contributing to anything in this post but trolling.

Who are you trying to convince here? I think Zygor is a waste of money and have never paid for one of the guides. However, you seem to want to convince yourself that you want to pay them money. The majority of players have probably never used the addon in this game and they do fine. Even with families and jobs.

Send an email to Blizzard’s legal department if you think they are a scam. I am sure Blizzard will send a cease and desist order. Or if you feel Zygor saves you time continue paying $23.00 a month to play the game. The ball really is in your own court here.

1 Like

And I guess you missed the part where there are free versions that do the same thing. It goes back to my original comment that if you need something like that so bad that you have to pay for it, I mostly pity you.

Zygor technically doesn’t violate Blizzards rules since they don’t charge for the addon itself, just the data it uses.

Having said that I personally feel only a fool would pay for what others give away for free. Kind of the get married or stay single argument.

1 Like