Zygor has been doing it for YEARS

I am content to wait and see if something changes.
Blizz has changed their stance on other issues in the past.
Just recommending that rather than making statements that only the company can make definitively that you perhaps more correctly claim since you are not a Blizzard employee empowered to make such pronouncements:

1 Like

Ok Doctor Semantic. Everthing about that you just said is incorrect. The fact that blizzard has changed its stance on issues in the past does not change the president that has been set right now. The FACT is that blizzard has said in the past that porting in data does not break the EULA of addon developers when it comes to charging people money. Nothing has changed.

ok

Did you mean precedent? Those are two very different words with very different meanings.

There is nothing permanent except change.

edit @HƤrland
LOOOOOOOL

Do you have to pay to use the addon? If yes, then its blizzard choice to enforce it or not.

Uninronically we had paid addons in shadowlands for example the one which showed the best m+ routes.
Know what blizzard did?
Nothing, people just didnt use it and took the free one with the very same infos lol.
A lot of addons have the upgrade version, been years, you are late to the party dude.

Ok, you want the company that enforces gold selling by token, to punish people that buy gold.
I mean, ok. Again its blizzard choice to enforce ToS on him or not.

I mean, you choose to trust him and not the other guys, some people will choose the other guys instead of him.
Point is, there is also a chance that he is spreading fake stuff and has shady reasons lol.

Heā€¦ did not though.

so does the other players. lol.
You do realise the whole hardcore thing is a RP mode, right? Anyway i see why you soo biased now, for the sake of it lol.

Filter it.

ToS isnt a state law based on jurisprudence and social sciences.
Its just a set of rules that a company may use to protect itself in a given legislation.

Yes, such as the token in wow classic.
Still, its their choice.

Yes, they are.

The base addon, yes.

Which is against the rules. Any new additions to the addon (which this is) is to remain free and not be charged.

Thereā€™s no ā€œtechnicallyā€, they are.

IDK what that is, but if people are breaking the rules, they need to be actioned, or Blizz can change the policy. Either way, works, for me.

Didnā€™t know they did, but Iā€™m open to finding out more information.

I do care. Iā€™m NOW finding out about it, so Blizz really needs to uphold their rules or change them. IDC which one Blizz picks.

'Cause I. DID. NOT. KNOW.

Now, that I do, AGAIN, Blizz needs to hold up their end of the deal or change it. THATā€™S ALL THAT NEEDS HAPPEN. Things can only stayed buried for so long.

You have to pay for the extra features, for the addon, yes.

Blizzard is to uphold their end of the agreement, of this business deal. Right now, Blizz is in violation of the agreement. THEY laid out.

I didnā€™t know this, but this is all irrelevant. Just because other people are getting away with murder, doesnā€™t mean we should let this one murderer we caught ā€œoff the hookā€ 'cause other people are doing it.

Such a silly thought.

Really doesnā€™t matter who hasnā€™t been caught, yet. What matters is who has been caught, and the person caught is guilty of breaking ToS, thatā€™s it.

Blizz can uphold their end of the agreement or change it. IDC EITHER WAY!

Thereā€™s no token in Vanilla classic. Blizz is bound to the agreement they created, right now, Blizz has breached it. They can either action the rulebreakers OR lighten up their policy. I vote for the latter.

I donā€™t trust him, I trust the evidence. The evidence is clear. Thereā€™s a charge for extra perks, for an addon, and thereā€™s gold buying. Itā€™s a CLEAR violation of ToS.

Blizz can take action or lighten up the policy. AGAIN I vote for the latter!

He did. He proved the addon has extra features to it, that are being charged.

And video evidence of one admitting AND promoting gold selling.

Unless, you can prove these are not true which, by your own admission, youā€™ve already claimed the addon is charging for features, so I donā€™t get what youā€™re trying to ā€œdisproveā€, hereā€¦

Yes, and we each have our preferred servers to play. Official HC will be coming, so yā€™all can go there, in a more APPROPRIATE environment that fits your needs better than what BB has to offer.

The whole game is.

RP servers are meant for proper roleplaying, which the HC community has shown no real interest in. Especially with all the non-RP names Iā€™m constantly reporting. You do realise RP severs have harsher naming policies, right? RP servers donā€™t operate the same as non-RP servers. Same with PvP vs PvE.

Thatā€™s why itā€™s important for HC to have their own server, to have the correct system to properly maintain a HC setting. Kinda hard to do that, when HC and RP are at odds with each other, regarding the ruleset.

Nope. I think the YTer is still salty and couldā€™ve presented his case better, but the evidence spoke for itself.

Though, that tournament nonsense was NEVER in writing, so IDK why the YTer bothered to present THAT particular story.

It already is.

And right now, itā€™s not going to protect them.

Wrath Classic.

Vanilla Classic does NOT have the tokenā€¦yet.

So the addon is free, but has been made unusable without buying an unlock. Interesting.

Addons like TSM that had a premium version that was used to make the auction house unusable for anyone not flipping as their gameplay. I never used an auction house addon myself, but heard many complaints about ā€œaddonsā€ that were more like automation. Click one button to cancelscan and undercut every item that has posted since yours. There was plenty of AH botting, too. A lot of discussion took place about the nature of AH addons and botting.

Blizzard eventually broke some features, but it wasnā€™t until the changes late in Shadowlands that the auction house became useful to me again.

ā€œIā€™m not really a hardcore player, I just pretend to be on an RP server.ā€ Makes so much sense.

Thank you, this is the perfect TLDR of the S-storm over this. Cleared it all up for me.

1 Like

This is why you just share their addon cracked for free with everyone, as their addon is completely illegal to begin with :slight_smile:

paying for an addon is a scam, simple as :expressionless:
no ifs, ands, or butts
if your addon costs money, you are a scammer

yeah ok mr. lawyer dude.
:roll_eyes:

We do. We care.
Hope that helps :expressionless:

Gatherer lets you import data for node locations FOR FREE. Iā€™m unaware of Gatherer charging for any of its features.

1 Like

Np homie I got you

Just dont use an XP guide? After all, Classic and especially hardcore is 70 and 90% respectively about the leveling journey not end game

Itā€™s not the point. Addon developers, in this case RXP, are not allowed to charge for the addons themselves NOR ANYTHING ELSE IN ADDITION TO THE ADDON (which is what these ā€œGuidesā€ are).

And, gold buying is not allowed. An individual was caught on camera admitting and promoting gold buying, as well.

TWO different rule violations going on, and Blizz needs to address it with some bans or lightening up the rules.

Either way, works for me.

Everyone isnā€™t. The vast majority of people donā€™t care. One streamer managed to get a bunch of jealous people together and is trying to make a youtube career out of thisā€¦ but thereā€™s no fire. Thereā€™s barely even smoke.

Heā€™s an idiot, but heā€™s betting that his viewers are even dumber than he is and tbhā€¦ thatā€™s probably a good bet.

You literally just pulled that 100% out of your :peach:. That isnā€™t even remotely in the Addon TOS.

Nice try.

The addon doesnā€™t cost money.

Thanks for playing

1 Like

Sure, it may not be the point but what else do you expect us as players to do about it?

Seems oddly specific.

Report it to Blizzard and spread the word, so Blizz can either uphold their end of the deal or lighten up on their addon policy.

Either way, works for me.