Zul'jin in Shadowlands

There is something interesting I noticed today during questing.
In the war port of Zandalar you have one quest to re-conect the death obelisks there to The Other Side again. If you do, you will be acompanied (during the quest) from vengeance seeking Zandalari ghosts.

So if they are seeking vengeance, why are they in The Other Side, but Zul’jin isn’t? This doesn’t seem to fit. Unless perhaps Zul’jin was really lost.

The link simply shows one of the obelisks.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/625440111638872086/783792572925083688/unknown.png

Edit: That’s the quest: https://www.wowhead.com/quest=49149/embrace-the-voodoo

Those are the ghosts.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/625440111638872086/783795400028192828/unknown.png

His wrath and hatred consumed him, causing him to be spiteful to the detriment of his entire people. Whatever reasons he had, he went far enough in his pursuit of vengeance that it would end up destroying himself and his people.

For the Venthyr of Revendreth, even the intent, as pure as one could be, is no excuse for terrible things brought in the name of these motivations.

4 Likes

That’s not quite true. In fact Zul’jin was likley the only thing that saved his people from total genocide.

2 Likes

Because Zul’jin was the soul Bwonsamdi mentions he lost in the Vol’jin questline before losing Vol’jin. That’s the easiest and most obvious answer, as we see no other troll in Revendreth or elsewhere in all the shadowlands

Side note imagine if during the battle of Dazar’alor raid, Bwonsamdi had resurrected various Troll heroes/bosses as a giant council fight.

1 Like

That’s what I hope and I took your idea in to my question as well.

Didn’t we see a Troll during the cinematic though?

1 Like

There was one troll in the Revendreth cinematic, there is one troll in Revendreth on live, ergo :stuck_out_tongue:

Zul’jin was so despised by the Loa they revoked his ability to regenerate. Revendreth is right.

Oh please, for the most part, the high/blood elves were not particularly interested in any troll lands by the time was born. Hell, if they didnt join the Horde/kept attacking the high elves probably wouldnt have cared about them one bit.

2 Likes

That’s not stated in lore at any point. Not to mention regeneration is not only boosted by the loa, it’s also a natural ability from Trolls (Chronicles 1). It also does not address my question.

That’s simply wrong. Elves did still kill Trolls during this time. They had hunting parties for this.

1 Like

Going by this, shouldn’t we also see malacrass’s spirit? Malacrass was the one that completely enabled Zul’jin to use those powers.

I feel like its because of Zul’jins desperation in winning. He basically sundered everything the trolls worship in an attempt to win.

Although by that logic… the drakkari should be in revendreth as well. I think its safe to assume that the devs just wanted to put Zul’jin in Revendreth because they wanted to. Maybe as an opposite to Vol’jin, whos favored by the loa and is getting a glow up.

1 Like

Because the trolls were also attacking them. Again, if the trolls/Voljin had stop their own aggressions/only fought for purely defensive reasons(he didnt) he might not have been sent to Revendreth.

So you are contradicting your first statment. Of course the Trolls were still defending themselves. The elves did actively hunt Trolls and “thinning” them out.

Zul’jin… and that’s where I stop.

2 Likes

Typo.

You can defend yourself without actively provoking further bloodshed. The fact he joined the Horde to try and take over Silvermoon shows he was just another warmonger.

He was a warlord for sure. But that’s also the interesting part. At first he didn’t want to have anything to do with the Horde. His reasoning to do so (after he was saved by the Horde), was because Zul’jin thought the newly formed Alliance would come after the Amani, after they defeated the Horde.

1 Like

That is not the lore. He immediately joined the Horde so he could finally destroy Silvermoon. In fact there is no particular lore about him fearing the Alliance would go after them when all is said in done, retconned or no.

Are you forgetting all of Zul’jins lore? No he didn’t join the Horde right from the get go. This was the case since WC II, and Tide of Darkness the book.

1 Like

I played WC2. Not once was it ever reference Zul’jin feared reprise from the Alliance as a reason for joining the Horde. Nor is it in the ToD novel adaptation.

https://youtu.be/4DTZpqWcSiE

In WC II it was mentioned that Zul’jin at first did not want to align with the Horde. Edit: Not in the game play…

It is in the novel and part of Zul’jins lore. I have to check Chronicles 2 again.
It’s even mentioned here:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zul%27jin

During the First War, the orcish Warchief Blackhandsent Orgrim Doomhammer to approach the troll leader, Zul’jin, and asked him to join the Horde. Zul’jin initially refused, believing the trolls capable of handling the elves themselves and not seeing any benefit to joining wars against others.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is anything actually stopping the Arbiter from sending a Troll to Bastion instead of De Other Side.

Doomhammet finally won Zul’jin’s support with an offer: if the Amani committed thier forces to the Horde, the orcs would annihilate their rivals, the high elves of Quel’thalas.-Chronicles 3

The quote is about the elves, which at that point were not members of the Alliance.