Zul'jin in Shadowlands

Zul’jin can be found in Shadowlands. I’m very glad about this. Even though I dislike they put him in a area only a view people can reach the greatest Troll hero ever and that he isn’t in Tha Other Side, were every Troll should be after their dead. That’s really sad for me, as Troll fan.
It seems like it’s a little acknowledgment and nothing going on with him (so far). I wish there was something more. I’m glad he wasn’t forgotten though.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319520/amani-warlord-zuljin-found-in-shadowlands

2 Likes

Zul’jin has accepted Malacrass’s help to gain dark power which likely booted him from troll heaven.

Rumored to be the most feared witch doctor of the Amani tribe in decades, Hex Lord Malacrass has done the unthinkable and sealed the essences of several mighty troll animal gods in their strongest champions … keeping the darkest one for himself.

Dark power was often only Voodoo. (Edit: Hm now I almost fear they will do something stupid with him). Bwonsamdi even saved Blood Trolls and Traitors. So it seems very odd and another thing Blizzard forgot. We see Trolls all over the Shadowlands.

3 Likes

Potentially Zul’jin is still destined to ded other side but needs to be redeemed. :thinking:

1 Like

Perhaps who knows? It could be a possibility I guess?

1 Like

This and maybe him being prideful is why he is in revendreth. Also you don’t need to be a villain to be sent to revendreth based on that one venthyr’s comment of torturing villains and heroes. Maybe if you are to prideful, you still get sent to revendreth. But he is still considered a hero to trolls and I feel like if he was human or elf and had the same story he wouldn’t be there

5 Likes

He is however allowing Mueh’zala worshippers to slip through his safety net and into the Maw. Which means, that he has the ability to just let them get sent through the Arbiter system for whatever reason. That … or maybe Zul’jin is the one other soul Bwon claims he lost? He did mention during the BfA Vol’jin questline there was another he failed to bring to De Otherside.

Is he? Not that I’m aware of. He also saved the Farraki, which are followers of Mueh’zalla. And we know the Amani don’t follow Mueh’zala.

This could be possible for sure and it would be interesting. If so, there has to be a quest later one or something, I would assume. If this is the case, I hope we don’t have to kill Zul’jin again and can give him peace.

2 Likes

During the Nightfey Covenant campaign questline where you are protecting him from the souls of Mueh’zala worshippers who are trying to rescue their boss, he’s letting their souls just slip through into the Maw. His safety net he’s using is intentional, and he apparently can just selectively let people slip through it. Though I’m not sure of anything that Zul’jin did that would get him on Bwon’s bad side … unless the reason he never regenerated his Eye really was because a Loa cursed him.

But … the second option is more interesting like you said. And the one I’m rooting for.

1 Like

Hm I didn’t do those quest so far, but it seems to be rather specific. Like I said before, he also saves the Farraki (or as many as he can) which also follow Mueh’zala. Perhaps those were to fare gone for him.

I agree with that.

Since I read about it today it’s the same for me. This could be a cool moment, if that’s something that will be a thing.

1 Like

Can trolls regrow eyes normally?

According to Vol’jins short story no. According to newer lore, perhaps. It’s not really consistent and with enough blessings almost everything is possible.

I noticed that Rastakhan has a blind/scratched eye. Maybe he originally lost it, and managed to (mostly) regrow it back, but its not fully restored?

“I heard if you cut off an extremity it’ll grow back a little bigga. Don’t believe it…”

:pancakes:

1 Like

Perhaps, but he is a special case and was really in the favor of the loa, especially Rezan. We also don’t know much about his live sadly.

I wish there was a short story just about him. Seeing hoe he grew up in Zandalar as a prince, and how he became a king would be amazing

Nah remember that one Cthraxx died around ZulAman. It was probably Old Gods.

Remember in the Voljin questline in BFA Bwonsamdi says “I haven’t lost a soul since…” meaning he’s at least lost ONE Troll soul.

Also remember in the Afterlives: Revendreth cinematic we see a troll soul being drained in the Halls of Atonement.

So stands to reason

1. The one soul Bwonsamdi most recently lost before Voljin was Zuljin
  2. The troll we see in the cinematic was Zuljin
  3. Given that he, unlike Loksey, has a recognizable model, and his dialogue changes whether or not you’re a Blood/Void Elf or Other Race (maybe Troll too, nobody has checked yet), much like Kael’thas does, he’s probably going to be used later

Sometimes they just like to leave scars. Vol’jin left the one on his neck in Shadows of the Horde.

1 Like

That’s true. Maybe Rastakhan just wanted to look cool

Why would he be send to Revendreth? Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t he just fighting for his people who had their land taken?

3 Likes