Zskera Vault: What gives?

Dragonflight was shaping up to be the best expansion to date… and this Vault came.

Now, I like the vault. I do. What I don’t like, is shoddy user experiences, and I feel like Blizzard are getting real OKAY with releasing shoddy user experiences.

Case in point. The Zskera Vaults are seemingly different for everyone. With that being said, not only are they all different layouts… I seem to not be able to progress.

I have a portal I can supposedly repair, and I know I’m supposed to find a toolkit, but the toolkit is not present in any room, I’ve unlocked 29, which I’m lead to believe is all of them. Also, I’m seeing folks have got some sort of Bubble Elevator, which isn’t present in mine, so I had to wait until I miraculously opened the right door to find the scroll item that randomly teleports me to a vault door on any level.

There’s zero guidance in this system and it’s feeling VERY Shadowlands garbo, and it’s starting to grind my gears a little bit.

Is anyone else running in to seemingly no way of progressing the vault? I’ve literally been in here for 14 hours carefully scouring every single thing with the Energized Circlet buff to see if I missed anything. On another note; I notice 2 chains that keep respawning, but when I pull on them (giggity-goo) nothing happens with the 3 remaining hanging chests in my chest room.

Seems like it wasn’t fully thought out, or the UX is THAT terrible that people can’t find what they need to do next.

16 Likes

I dont think the vaults are all that great. Crap rewards for huge time sinks. Not to mention the only way my warrior could get down from the top floors was to jump and die, real fun there.

19 Likes

Thank me later.

92 Likes

Wait a week or two. There will be guides plastered all over the internet. Until then, heaven forbid you have to explore the unknown.

31 Likes

my complaint is the spider respawns. can i get some raid to take care of that??? hire an exterminator maybe???

20 Likes

Which part of “I’ve opened every single door and spent 14 hours total scouring every square inch of the vault” went right over your head? What, you assume I’m blind, or stupid? Or is the company renowned for shoddily putting together guidance through their ever-more growing complexity based systems/puzzles, probably what’s to blame here?

There’s no guide required. I’ve done everything I can interact with. Do you have any idea how many empty vials I’ve filled with plague, water and fire - and thrown them at every square inch of the vaults?

12 Likes

You have opened all of them and you didnt find the toolkit? And wasnt able to use the Bubble elevator?

Some rooms are Puzzle. You would need items from one room to be able to unlock/use a locked room. Looks like a You issue. I dont know.

6 Likes

That’s correct, I’ve opened every door, there’s nothing left to interact with. I’ve gotten a ton of toys and pets, but the only thing that looks interactable is the fish tank. I’ve used the water with it and got the fish, but it’s the only thing remaining that looks usable with the glow around it, but it’s not usable with anything.

1 Like

You can swim down the bubble lift, just so you know.

5 Likes

This and lack of creativity.

Agreed.

3 Likes

Did they fix this? When I went in today, the main spider wasn’t there. Just the smaller annoying ones.

3 Likes

Use the wind dash you get.

Fall then wind dash to a platform then repeat.

Or just wind dash evey chance you can until you get to the bottom.

You’ll take no fall damage either way.

2 Likes

On the bright side, nothing of worth drops in there anyway so it’s not like you’re missing anything! You mightn’t get you 17th copy of a given gem for your ring.

5 Likes

Idk how you came to that. Despite all the initial problems, Legion was still better than this lmao. IMO of course.

6 Likes

Yeah, this is wrong.

11 Likes

So you forgot about the bubble lift and heroic leap? Sounds like bad warrior problems

4 Likes

Not true at all. My hubby fully unlocked his vault on day one, and I just barely started on mine last night. He wanted to watch me since he thought the puzzles were fun and he wanted to see some of them again. I got the bubble elevator on like my third room total and thought it was super neat, but he was all “what the heck is that, that’s cheating!” because it makes movement around floors trivial - and he never got the item to unlock it.

Now he was even MORE interested in watching me open my doors, and even with me only opening 11 of the doors to his 28 or 29 or whatever, I saw at least three or four rooms he hadn’t seen at all, and was getting all sorts of different drops too.

So yeah, this isn’t a “you issue”, as you so gleefully accused. Rooms are different for folks, they’re not fixed or guaranteed at all.

Edit: He also helpfully told me that the anvil and jewler’s toolkit were both up on the second floor (according to Kelani’s video and his personal experience) so I should start there, despite my quest marker looking like one was on the first floor. Sure enough, one tool was on the second floor and one was on the first. Just to further confirm the rooms aren’t fixed thing.

17 Likes

Same for me, only the smaller spiders were in there today.

You’ve been sitting at your PC for 14 hours running around in the vault? Perhaps you should take a break, stretch your legs. That’s not healthy.

6 Likes

The bubble elevator is common to all. The jeweler’s toolkit is somewhere becoz the OP said he opened 29 vaults… it means he opened all of them. I bet you it’s on one of the 29 Vaults. If he missed opening a single vault, it could be on that vault. But OP said he used 29 keys.

1 Like