Zekvir's Lair is impossible to complete by "normal" means

I ran some numbers to help emphasize how actually funny this is at the moment, since people want to be contrarian just to be different.

While I doubt any of them understand math at this point, here’s some numbers for anyone with basic algebra knowledge looking for something tangible to see how impossible this is at the moment.

At 606 I am sitting at:
48,049 agi leading to ~800k dps
237,759 Stam = 4,755,180 health
21,750 armor which comes out to 16.58% DR (vs even enemy, which Zekvir is 2 levels higher as most boss elites are)

If I look at my theoretical stats from armor at 639:
55,763 agi which sims at 1.01m dps
324,370 Stam = 6,487,400 health
26,413 armor, a ~21.5% increase on the 16.58%, which comes out to 20% DR VS same level, which greatly gets reduced by these elites. Not wanting to do the exact math on this at the moment, you’re reducing all of roughly 660k off of a 4 million hit at this armor rating.

So, for all of you people going “The end game gear will fix it”

My tier set is useless for my spec, at least until they shift damage from out kit to it on Tuesday. Current sims reflect this. My tier gives less that 3% gain.

At 639, I will:
-Barely be able to clear the damage check just for the egg, and that’s with zero down time, being on top of the egg the absolute millisecond it spawns.
-Still get 3-5 shot by his auto attacks (base that I was seeing 2-3 million damage pulled down to 1.6-2.4 million by armor)
-Nearly one shot by his crits (4-5 million damage crits. Totally fair)
-Unable to resist the poison very quickly (one kick, unless Brann isn’t useless. That DoT does ~2 million damage a tick. Vanish is required to meet the DPS check, thus can’t be used as utility. Cloak is 2 min CD. He casts that spell twice before it’s off CD.)

And this is while sitting in max ilvl gear.

Do the math people. This isn’t doable with their stealth nerf to Brann.

Edit: I was being pretty generous on the side of winning this fight when doing the numbers. Reality is more than likely that he will still 2-3 shot you with the way the 2 level advantage gives him a damage advantage/crit bonus over you. You will be crit, more often than you’d expect. And you will be laid flat.

4 Likes