Zek'vir change proves the team isn't listening to the players

You all know what also takes longer? Unequip your gear before doing quests.

Know what else takes longer? Swap to a ground mount or just run on foot. In fact, toggle running off and walk everywhere. Anyone picking optimal paths doesn’t mean YOU don’t have to do that path.

Someone opting to kill easymode Zekky 8 times doesn’t devalue delves nor does it affect YOU in any way. You are still perfectly fine to be a left of bell curve on the struggle bus in delves and feeling like you are accomplishing big important things when you clear it with lives left. Awesome for you even. Unfortunately for a player of my caliber, delves aren’t going to tickle that dopamine generator for feeling like I’m accomplishing or proving my merits as a player tackling engaging content…it’s just a busywork chore to fill my vaults with 3 potential options in case my dungeon and raid boxes don’t pan out and unless Blizzard shifts stances and rewards players going to t11 with hero track end of delve drops and mythic track loot in the vault, delves are worthless to me except for the slight chance at a vault pick.

Now I get to waste a few hours churning through 8 delves instead of spending maybe 1 hour per toon and freeing my time up to do other things with them. Things I would much rather do. I like delves, but I like making account progress far more. I’m not chasing maps in delve and hoping on the prayge bus for hero track items to replace my remaining champion track items. I’m just going to focus more on content that guarantees I’ll get those drops (if I win said drop).

2 Likes

Or, play the game to get rewards. There is no world where 15 minutes for 3 heroic choices is reasonable without insane mental gymnastics.

Yeah Season 1 of SL was awesome. As always, crybabies was always there.

Zekvir is a Delve Boss but he is not in any of the Delves dungeons. Delve dungeons are the only stuffs to merit towards Vault.

I had him show up in one with the spider webs all over the ground I forget what it’s called but you get a flamethrower for it. My friend and I beat him and each got some loot.

Didn’t count for vault to beat him specifically but there was loot to be had.

1 Like

And how is spending 4 hours suddenly swap that into justifiable territory? What is the appropriate time so I can set an alarm?

What’s to stop me from just doing fungal or myco and letting sporebombs do my work for me? Not like I actually care if it’s a bountiful or not.

It also, still, doesn’t affect you and your play. In fact, it could only potentially slightly improve your play because me having more time “may” mean a group I join or host has you/others in it instead of that time spent drudging through a glorified chore.

And to be clear, I fully expect fungal and myco sporebombs (and abom trains) to be next on the nerf list…because smart players who are capable of strafing around a circle while keeping things in it over left of bell curves who get surprise pikachu face as they get deleted can also not spend this undetermined “appropriate” amount of grind time to the delve checkbox.

1 Like

And killing him wont give you Vault slots. Killing its Vault last Boss gives you Delves completion and Vault slots.

Yeah, but it gives you extra gear from the delve. It’s not bad.

delves are dogwater and there is no saving them

1 Like

Yup. But killing Zekvir? giving you Vault slots is wrong since Zekvir? is not inside Delve dungeons. Have Zekvir? replace Final Boss of any Delve dungeon, that should count for Vault slots.

Spamming Zekvir was never an intended way for you to cap out your vaults. Stop crying that your cheese got patched, EVERYONE whom had a brain knew this was going to happen.

If it takes you 4 hours to do 8 delves you arent the caliber of player you mentioned. If you can clear them faster, its very likely you don’t need them. Even if it is 4 hours you get 3 heroic raid level slots. That is very fast and the best the game has ever had for a solo player.

It is bad for the game for there to be one way of playing that is multiple times more efficient than playing the actual content. It is not a time played metric conspiracy designed to keep you, the player who probably should have moved past delves for player power rewards from playing. Frankly, this change for me means I just wont bother instead of chain killing him just in case.

1 Like

It’s not a bad idea, but as is he is skippable if you meet him in a delve randomly. That way somebody who can’t beat him could still get a vault for spending their time defeating the delve. He just rewards more gear.

i thought i was the only person getting the same vibes, glad someone else feels that too.

seems they are taking a playbook from shadowlands for quite a few things in tww.

its also funny i predicted this exact thing in countless threads, that delves would become a boring chore sooner rather then later.

I mean, if a casual never beat him, it’s likely they never tried; it takes less than three minutes even at 580 ilv. If you are on the lower end of the gear level, use healer bran. Don’t stand in fear, kick the poison, dodge the frontal, and kill the web. The dps check on the web is stupid leniant even at 580 ilv if you are solo now. If you try a 5 man with a traditional tank healer three dps tea, good luck killing the web. The tank and healer are basically getting carried in a 5 man for that boss.

I could not even beat a T7 with 580 ilvl gear. Your personal experience is not the same for everyone. It is great you are able to do it at that level but no everyone is at that skill level.

2 Likes

If you had fun running Zekvir, you can still run it as much as youd like. Nothing changes.

If you were doing it for a quick easy way to fill vault slots, that would go against the idea that people are having fun. That would be the path of least resistence. If you were having fun doing delves, running 8 different delves shouldnt bother you.

4 Likes

What’s funny to me is people min/max’ing their in-game activities to not play the game. Like, jumping into a mythic+ and beating the timer is less time in a dungeon. Only farming Zek for the eight vault slots is less time than completing eight regular delves. To me it’s a reflection that some players don’t have fun just playing the game. Which begs the question of what are you min/max’ing your time spent for? What aspect of the game do you actually want to spend time in and take your time to do? and why not just do that to begin with?

I imagine it’s hard for a game developer to plan for player behavior that involves minimizing the time they spend playing the game. I feel like fundamentally they would assume people want to play the game and spend time doing the activities that they like.

4 Likes

Whats it a reflection of when i jump in and speed run a dungeon, so i can jump into another one and do another sooner than if i didn’t beat the timer??

The funnest part of the game is getting gear and they nerfed it lol. L designers

This is a left of bell curve take.

Do you take off your weapons when you do a dungeon or raid so you do less DPS and thus prolong your time in there? Why not? Don’t you enjoy doing the content?