Zandalar portal from orgrimmar takes you to the docks

Same here; don’t know why I expected this to be fixed with one of the half patches but MAYBE they’ll fix it with a major patch? #notholdingmybreath

That’s not true cause it isn’t like that in Boralus for alliance.

4 Likes

Surely it can’t be this difficult to add an NPC asking if I want to go to the Zandalari throne room or the docks. Please fix this, Blizzard.

5 Likes

blizz nows the time to jump in a fix your shet

3 Likes

This is still not fixed.

Small indie team I guess

Imagine if the alliance BFA portal dropped them at the Academy.

What’s weird to me is I can’t possibly see this as having been intentional considering both Alliance and Horde had a direct portal to Tiragarde Sound in Valdrakken for all of season 2. If it was intentional, then the dev who made the change clearly hadn’t played any of the M+ content or been informed about those portals.

This definitely needs a fix, as I’ve been annoyed by it on the few Horde characters I’ve experienced it on.

3 Likes

Still no fix =(

1 Like

Checking in, this is still an issue.

4 Likes

At this point, I would treat it as an intentional change – and every bit as idiotic as moving the exit points to Pandaria from the Vale to Jade Forest in BfA was.  (Dear Elune, I have to actually wonder if the same reasoning from the latter change was also applied to the former…)

I really wish that, given the size of Dazar’alor, they would give Horde players the same convenience as Alliance players have with Boralus.

5 Likes

issue for me too, but its recent

Changes like this probably fall under the “we don’t want new hubs to feel empty” reasoning they gave for removing all the portals from the Dalaran. They don’t want us playing in old zones so they make getting there as annoying as possible, but then they put new quests and secrets in old zones…

Come on Bliz, it’s a game, stop ruining QoL and let us enjoy it.

5 Likes

Still happening for horde, but the alliance sw portal takes you straight to their bfa portal room…

1 Like

Truly wild this is still occurring, meanwhile does not occur for alliance. This change needs to be reverted already.

1 Like

This is still an issue! Blizz, please? I have Pa’ku’s little totems to take me up to Dazar’alor, but it’s still annoying.

The fact that they haven’t reverted this change suggests it was intentional. It adds 3 minutes of /timeplayed to each low level who has to ride up the ziggurat and around to the other side.

It wasn’t intentional, the current devs just don’t know how to fix it as it’s been reported thousands of times at this point. It’s also not the only long standing bug.

You believe that? That the reason it hasn’t been fixed is nobody at Blizzard is intelligent enough to undo what they did? This change didn’t implement itself. It’s an incredibly simple “fix”. When they refuse to “fix” something that has a fast and easy fix, it’s safe to assume it was intentional.

1 Like

Breaking garrison monuments 2 years wasn’t intended, nor was breaking granular guild permissions 6 years ago. This isn’t the only thing they accidentally broke and just left it as is. This is just further proof they don’t know how to go back and fix things that have broken from previous xpacs, as I don’t believe they would outright refuse to if they didn’t.

Both of these were side effects. The guild permissions were reworked as part of the implementation of communities, without any thought to how they would affect how guilds manage their members. And they really don’t care about garrison monuments.

But portals? Seriously. A new portal is built using a template that allows them to insert an image and specify where the person taking the portal will end up, be it at another portal or just deposited somewhere. They changed the portal in Orgrimmar so it now deposits players on the dock instead of in the portal room. This isn’t like a mob type that got adjusted in the entire game to fix one quest and is now acting up in different contexts.

They know what they did because they did it on purpose to inconvenience players.

No, they just didn’t fix it after the phasing in the area broke pre DF (side effect), and instead they left it to route players to the exit location that is the same exit spot the MSQ spits you out on, instead of tying it BACK to the portal exit location that the Nazjatar Newhome portal returns you to.
They didn’t do this on purpose, but they aren’t savvy enough to fix it either. Something Something revolving door employment.