You're seriously gating the rares now? (Yes Karokta)

• Zaralek Cavern
    • [With weekly restarts] The loot lockout now resets when the content in a given area of the map becomes available. Now, when world quests are visible in an area, the rare elite enemies in that area will also be available. Rare elite rewards have been increased to offset their reduced frequency.
      • Developers’ notes: Unlike Forbidden Reach, the rare elites in Zaralek Cavern are meant to be a bonus, rather than the primary activity.

Sooooo let me get this straight. You don’t want the rares to be the primary activity but you don’t put any other repeatable/grindable content in the cavern that can be done instead. What’s supposed to be the primary activity? There’s no other content. The rest is weekly. People could at least farm the rares to get collectibles and drake customizations.

If you’re going to be this close-minded could you at least exempt Karokta (which is a typo and misspelled in game as Kairoktra in the achievement log). You already made it the rarest mount drop a lot of people have seen, and now this relatively braindead decision is going to make it near impossible to farm. You’ve already forced us into farming on an army of alts to get it and now we have to keep track of when it is/isn’t time gated on our characters? Throw us a damn bone.

To anyone who’s going to gripe about parts of this post since that’s inevitable on here, there’s no other content to do in the cavern on a daily basis. If this isn’t meant to be the primary content then what is, because I don’t see any? Feel free to present an alternative.

What the hell inspired this change?

64 Likes

You can watch snails slide along a racetrack real slow. Isn’t that exciting? :unamused:

49 Likes

I can’t even put my excitement into words

20 Likes

True…I just moved 53 alts to this rare and only 8 are 70s, there’s a lot of 60s trying this…it got a lot worse with this lockout change and as usual we don’t have any bad luck protection.

3 Likes

Isn’t it great how they say “rare elite rewards have been increased to offset their reduced frequency” without providing any actual data or numbers? I love the transparency! :unamused:

We should definitely just take their word for it right guys?!

14 Likes

They’re trying to pigeonhole everyone into m+ and raids.

28 Likes

To be fair lfr has been pretty decent this expansion! :dracthyr_comfy_bronze:

9 Likes

While I definitely appreciate you’ve been enjoying them for me, personally, you couldn’t pay me to do raiding in this game again lol

14 Likes

but m+ is literally 100x better and doesn’t need people forced into it. Those numbers are way way up. I’ve done more m+ in the past couple weeks than I have since m+ was created. This decision is so senseless :sob:

2 Likes

This will cause even more loss to the player base!

16 Likes

I never understood dumb changes like these. If people want to farm rares for mount/toys/mogs etc why not let them? Its not like 10.1 is overflowing with content like a ffxiv patch.

24 Likes

YES! Please Tell Me How To Play The Game! Because, I ENJOY THAT!

I Hang On Your Every Word. If You Don’t Tell Me, I Might Fun Wrong!

28 Likes

I still want to know what the primary activity is supposed to be if not the rares. Once you finish the quests there’s literally nothing else there but the rares.

edit
Unless you really really REALLY like gathering.

8 Likes

Don’t you love having a babysitter as a grown man!? I sure do!

11 Likes

Smashing your face against the wall that is m+? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

On a positive note, I’ve discovered old content that I didn’t know was a thing or never tried. I got a mount from Argus I didn’t know was a thing, figured out the demon eyes buff to get a new pet and I ran Deaths of Chromie for the first time! :smiley:

6 Likes

Honestly though im kinda glad there’s not an overwhelming amount to do this time, not cus of anything wow related though.

Got D4 next week then ff16 launches then armored core 6 on August 25’th with baldur’s gate 3 on the 28’th THEN starfield early sept. Too many good games!!

Been too long since I became a Raven.

1 Like

Deaths of Chromie is S tier content. Glad you got to experience that!

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not upset that there isn’t a lot to do, especially since now I’m actually going for KSM for the first time. Also gonna play the f out of D4. I’m just upset that they’ve now gated the only thing there is to do in the cavern, and the only reason I was bothering to begin with. I’m a big collector and now I’m just like…wat

3 Likes

I haven’t logged in yet to check, but this means that they’re making these “areas” clearly marked and visible on the map for all to see, right? Right?

Sarcasm aside, if you’re going to make a zone broken up into mini zones with weird rotating daily-but-not-daily resets, you REALLY need to do better than “when world quests are visible in an area.”

Without an addon or an out-of-game guide, how am I supposed to know what these “areas” even are? Is it broken into two halves? Three parts? Is each individual named area on the map considered an “area”? Why do I even have to guess? Why can’t this be clearly marked or explained in game? ARGH.

22 Likes