"You're not supposed to be good at everything"

The problem with that attitude from them is that this is a sub based mmorpg. If people don’t like it they will move on to something else, and there goes blizzards money. They ignored feedback on azerite gear, and it dropped the population so they reworked it. They are doing the same again, but this time there’s less faith in them as a result of the last time they did it. They can’t afford to do it again, yet here we are.

I want to enjoy the game. I want others to enjoy the game. Honestly though, the covenant system is looking so bad, I’ll probably just play the 9.0 story and move on.

If we’re not supposed to be good at everything, they can do away with the limited time crap so we can go get them when we can be “good” at it without being locked out of being good at it.

Figure it out yourself I guess. I’m not going to explain it on a PG forum.

Your specific opinion on the expansion doesn’t matter, no offense to you as a person but in the grand scheme of things subs matter, not whether you, one person, liked or disliked what was going on. The subs spoke for themselves. Subs are the currency Blizzard cares about, and subs support certain expansions being good, and certain expansions being bad, and saying what was bad was good and what was good was bad invalidates your argument because Blizzard cares about subs. Your opinion, specifically, has absolutely no weight.

Because that is how rock, paper, scissors works. A tauren necro uh dk should play and perform differently than your gnome night fae uh dk. That is the entire point of customization.

Unless we actually don’t want customization. In which case, just 100% homogenize it and call it a day.

And thats ok. Trying to please everyone is a large part of why this game isn’t as good as it could be.

Why would a dk ever want to side with nature? Or angels for that matter? Also, why? A horde dk doesn’t perform differently from an alliance dk, so why should covenants change that?

Punishing players for wanting to play the game will be the WoW killer.

This is such a genuinely interesting point. Its amazing how you can sometimes miss things so obviously in front of your face.

It sort of begs some interesting questions: are these restrictions coming in because of encounter design issues (much like flight restrictions was due to problems of encounter design). I wonder if theres a more elegant solution, and what it might look like?

Context needed. You aren’t punished because you pick a covenant in the same way you pick a class.

Just like you aren’t punished that alliance can’t play with horde, or any of the 100’s of whine threads that make claims like this.

1 Like

“Punished” and “spite” are the new buzz-words.

There was literally a post saying that a reward for clearing content was a punishment because it was too time-consuming to grind and therefore they should just get it for free automatically. The words we should be using over and over is “entitlement”. People think breathing and giving Blizzard 15$ a month entitles them to “Have it their way”. I call them Burger King gamers. And I personally recommend they order the DIET coke next time, lol.

Ff14 you can swap classes, eso you can swap between lots of different skills/spells, same with GW2.

Covenants aren’t classes. They are a throwaway, expac only feature.

Can i ask you what your favorite thing to do in WoW is? What’s your “thing” ?

But those are all limited, especially in GW2 where there’s limited ability slots. Not to mention that swapping weapons doesn’t endear optimization, just changes the range at where the character can engage.

Nothing in those that you mentioned give everything to the player, unlike WoW. Even switching in those games comes at a gradual cost, where WoW does not.

1 Like

Yeah but you seem to ignore the fact that Blizzard will also endeavour to ‘balance’ these swappable talent row Covenent/soulbind systems and that ALWAYS means making them all worse until they’re all boring and dull and do nothing. Then one will always be the top one and all you lemmings will spec that and nothing will have changed at all for you but everything will be boring and dull for everyone else that plays the game and doesn’t give a damn what your 2% potential DPS increase on a guide means.

2 Likes

They are a combination of a lot of things. They’ve literally told you how the view them, more like a class/ sub-class than a talent row.

This is one of my favorite click bait buzzwords. People started complaining about this in MC when they annouced BWL. Or when they announced TBC.

“My HARDdWON purPLZ rePLACdd by GrREEEENZ!!!”??Blizzard DUMB AND CAN’t MAKE GOOD GAmZ!"

Yes. This is exactly what happens with every xpac. Nearly everything we’ve done, resets. The gear, titles, achievements and boss kills don’t really impact much.

If you want an unchanging sandbox, classic is there. But spoiler, there are things like weapon specializations, talents, even things like Ranged Surv, Combat rogues, Shadowform, etc, that are all gone now. Just borrowed power i guess…

Complain on the forums with Ardalene who also doesn’t do any content.

Classic starter kit for people defending current iteration of covenants.

3 Likes

Well since you can’t explain it on your own, i guess we can just dismiss that bit of oddness you posted.

Okay, good for you. You can think that. I don’t think your specific opinion on any expansion matters to me either because it’s subjective, but i’m glad you like whatever expansion, as well somebody who likes WoD.

You seemed to be confusing subjective opinion as objective facts.
I never once said WoD was a good game. I said i enjoyed it.
I never once said Legion was a bad game, i said i didn’t enjoy it as much.

I and other people can recognize that WoD isn’t a good game, and Legion is. Yet we still choose to like and hate as we please, as a whole or in bits.

It doesn’t invalidate any opinion if we both liked or hate different things from each other, and you trying to objectify the opinions by using the subs as a quanifer of how good a game is and justify using “if you like this, theirs something wrong with you” or “Your opinion doen’t matter if you like this” just seems like a silly thing to say. Especially since i can come back and tell you if you like a certain expansion, then your opinions doesn’t hold weight. You see how silly this sounds?

This also ignores the fact that Legion might has possibly lower numbers, considering they stop showing the subs back in WoD. I mean according to your logic that Subs mean quality, isn’t Legion just as bad or slightly above or worse then WoD, despite doing so many good things? Why is liking Legion not problematic then by your own definition?

Heck, Cata had 12m subs. which i would wager it’s way more then what Legion got. So does that mean it’s the best dang expansion? Are you saying Cata is a good expansion by virtue of having a highest amount of subs and anybody who dislikes the game is being problematic?

Not the sub numbers matter anyways because you can give them all the numbers they want and some people would still like WoD and hate Legion and vice versa, because again. Subjective Opinion. They are allowed to have a subjective opinion on the game as a whole as well in pieces. And their not wrong for doing so.

Sentenza has completed two heroic dungeons and a normal Freehold this entire expansion pack and he’s trying to tell us what Blizzards intentions are and explain why min/maxing is bad.

There should honestly be a bar you need to reach to even post about balance, how about completing a single mythic dungeon as a starter.

Less time posting, more time playing

In before: weaponizing achievements again hoooo how classy i’m being attacked!!!

Almost like talents, but more powerful and varied.

This might come as a shock, but not everyone views them the same way. Being told how to view them doesn’t change how they are actually viewed.

Gameplay is not gear. Gameplay is how we play and experience the game, and has the power to ruin the game for the next two years, unlike gear.

If the difference was 1+ dps, nobody would care. And hopefully thats the case. But Blizzard history with balancing has been bad enough for faith on that regard to be completely broken. You cant blame people to be concerned about that at this point.

Same company we’re talking about here who Limit needed to stack EV to kill Mythic Nzoth while then sledgehammering nerfing it by 50% whilst the people on the forums talk about how Blizzard doesn’t balance bosses around fotm and everyone being the best

Okkaayyy…

How anyone can trust Blizzard with their track record is crazy.

It isnt even just damage though. A huge problem is the utility. There is no way to reasonably balance that.