You're Not Mad Enough

At least hunters have their shell that makes them immune to damage for a short time. We do not even have that

1 Like

I actually like slapping people with 5+ lavabursts in 1 global. Yeah they do 1/2 the damage of 1 other class spell, but we get 5 of them pumping. I love flooding my screen with them and their damage isnt that bad.

Theyd have to completely change the mastery if they wanted to make our spells hit harder.

1 Like

Glad you found a reroll, I hope you enjoy it. The final straw for me was the release date of Aug. 26 being put out. There’s no way shaman get any sort of a functional set up in that short amount of time. I’m a healer for our small M+ group and I am going paladin/druid. I love to dps/tank flex, so that’s what I am doing for TWW.

For all the shaman sticking with it…I truly wish you all the best. For those looking for reroll, I hope you find one. For those quitting, I do not blame you, I would join you if it were not for my friends still sticking around.

To the OP, I feel your pain man. Been around since vanilla, and even back then our fixes to give us any sort of parity was minor compared to our alliance counterparts. Like they never really had a clear vision for the class, at least, in a pve setting. The shaman is just dated. We really need a massive overhaul, for all specs and our class tree and all 3 hero specs are a dumpster fire. It is just not worth it anymore.

Don’t get me wrong, we have had bright spots at times, but it is rare.

5 Likes

Totemic as Enhancement Shaman is borderline unplayable. Good elementalist build torn apart by Totemic hero talent because they have to lose Elemental Assault, Swirling Maelstrom and Elemental Blast (depending if you want ST or AoE / M+). Totemic is trying to do too many things at once. The base idea is good but it’s a terrible design.

1 Like

They just take our posts down and suspend our forum accounts.

I went on the beta forums and made a post with the harshest thing being that it felt like a slap in the face to read that they are thanking us for our feedback when they haven’t implemented a single change to shaman and got my forum account suspended for a day and the post deleted despite the rest of the post being quite fair.

7 Likes

I figured. That’s why it won’t work cause almost everyone would have to pitch in even non-shamans but a lot of people are “I got mine” so they don’t care to assist. I’m just screaming into the void they left us cause i gotta vent the anger somehow or it builds up and poisons me.

2 Likes

I mean, doing that in the Shaman class forums sure, but doing that in the beta form is just noise. I’m just as buttmad about stuff too but considering there are people in there giving way more robust feedback there than ANYTHING offered here, I’m not surprised they’re removing post like that.

2 Likes

Flooding anywhere else would absolutely be treated as noise or spam. And non-shaman players will simply say “it’s just not your turn yet”. Despite it clearly not happening this expansion with a release date so close.

2 Likes

Remember the good old days before datamining when we were waiting for mmo champ news for updates. You’d see all these buffs and tuning for most other classes, then you’d scroll down to find the ‘S’ for Shaman and be met with just “Riptide has a new Icon”

Many years later and mommy and daddy still dont love us :frowning:

3 Likes

You are absolutely right. It’s ridiculous how an expansion supposedly centered around the struggle of dragons empowered by titans and dragons empowered by the elements does not see Shaman getting a major rework. This is not the first time either; you can argue that in BFA they could have also used it as an opportunity to rework Shaman. They simply do not, and now that we have yet another expansion where we are literally dealing with the PLANET the very thing that gives us power. It’s not only taking forever to get any sort of rework, its taking forever to even get any sort of feedback. We shine very rarely, and when we do, we get punched into the dirt, which is sickening.

To me it is plainly obvious that Blizzard does not wish to unravel the sh!t show of a mess that is our class.

2 Likes

To be honest, shaman really should have been given an explanation about why they’re expected to fight against the elements the entire expansion. Primal incarnates could have technically been our bosses for all we know, and the primal forces all used the elements to fight, so they’re essentially shaman as well. We could have been killing our brothers and sisters the whole time.

2 Likes

The Beta forums have good replies and people, like myself, are trying to follow the rules and post things that may be seen there. Flooding any forum, gaming, auto, weapons, hell dresses with posts that are not relevant or helpful is noise. The post will be deleted and the user banned. It says that at the beginning of the forum.

That said, I hope Shaman’s time will come this time. Heck, My other main is an SV Hunter. So here is hoping that both classes get addressed and some changes come that will make the class fun again.

1 Like

rests shaman tree 2 point notes 22
rest druid tree 2 point notes 9
evoker presevartion tree 2 point notes 11
holy pally tree 2 point notes 8
Mistweaver tree 2 point notes 8
holy priest tree 2 point notes 18
Discipline priest tree 2 point notes 16

how shaman dont get any love how. 22 notes…

Theres a bunch of us testing it on beta and it plays much better than youd think.

Still annoying af that they didnt do anything for us, but totemic for enhance isnt terrible per say. For pve that is, for pvp that spec will be useless.

Farseer Ele for PvP is just a slightly juiced version of what every ele is playing rn. Which is basically the same Maldraxxus Ele from SL.

This has been my feeling playing with it but when I compare it to Stormbringer it does rub me the wrong way it doesn’t feel as robust. A lot of that I know is from Totemic being able to be played by both builds and Stormbringer being more focused on Storm Builds.

2 Likes

Don’t even think about asking for customized elementals. GG Warlocks, GG.

2 Likes

Again it’s “i got mine” mindset as they are fine as they are. And they don’t want shaman taking up any future changes or tweaks THEY can get.

2 Likes

This is unfortunately very true. I got kicked from The Rookery because I didn’t want to play totemic and stormbringer is still missing a talent. But no problems or need for changes!

1 Like

Not a single note for shaman this week on the beta notes boys. Looks like we’re all good to go for release! We must be truly despised by the devs.

2 Likes