You're all actually playing watered down Retail WoW

Me? I’m definitely bitter and twisted that Classic is nothing like the overall Vanilla experience that Blizzard promised - a loooong time ago. Before they announced 1.12. lol.

I play the game and have fun. I play with a great bunch of people. But i can’t I say I care much about anything. I AFK in AV and already told everyone on my server I’ll continue to do so. I just won’t break brackets. I know what’s it like. Care about how I approach this game or not, If I’m going to be working remotely, I might as well get some honor out of it.

My end game is over. It was leveling up and doing low level dungeons with people i didnt know. I ran pre-nerf scholo/strath etc to death, but i skipped RFC, SFK, RFK, ST, RFD, BFD, most of SM, and ZF. Oh right, and never did Mara purple and Orange - save to aoe level my mage on the slimes when it was possible. It might still be, I haven’t checked. But Blizzard nerfed it at one point.

Even with older patches the game would still be relatively easy. You just can’t match knowledge and gaming experience. I’ve played so many mmos at this point that I can be dropped into a brand new one and pick up on things very fast. Back in vanilla that base level of skill was not there for me.

The vanilla experience people are seeking is more than just the game. Imo its something you can’t replicate without time travel and a memory wipe.

1 Like

trust me… i’ve devoted more time to classic wow then i should (something like 16 hours a day since release)

i won’t argue the fact that classic is pre-bc made for simpletons, the fact that i’ve been able to get away raiding with a boomie is proof just how much of a cake walk raids are… but i stand by the fact that wow in itself if we want to talk game mechanics is an easy game compared to other mmos.

thems the beans.

Well, the average player now is a million times better than your average player then. But the top 1% is probably the same as the … hmm i was going to say top 1% in Classic, but the game is so figured out, that everyone is in the top “1%”.

haha.

Gonna need some examples cause I’m gonna say that is false. While not necessarily harder in general content, I can’t say it is easy compared to others. Outside of the endgame hard modes most mmos have delivered an accessible leveling experience that isn’t challenging.

FFXIV only has 1 type of content that is hard and that’s savage raids.

Compared to classic, it’s supereasy.

But classic was also super easy.

It’s like asking whether tacobell medium is spicier than tacobell mild. Technically it is but neither are spicy.

Nah… not everyone has pugged BWL on release :stuck_out_tongue:

ok lv. 31 thanks for the imput

tera, warhammer (when it existed), DMO, GW (all versions).

plenty of games.

I don’t play competitively – as if I could even spell that!

Yeah, it’s pretty ironic, how much this community trashes retail. But I think it’s just part of trashing Blizzard.

Strongly disagree.

Retail is pretty watered down in its own regard.

1 Like

wow. you gave up after the first reply? c’mon.

spoken like a true champ who never went past LFR.

Not to mention how the gold has inflated because of transmog. Boar meat cost like 20g a piece. 2000g in retail is like 5g on classic. The game makes no sense anymore. So much other random junk in the game aswell.