Your worst fears of Midnight

I don’t really believe in the whole “kel’thuzad needed” the sunwell purely to return. In tbc we saw them summon kil’jaeden with it.

What if they big brain “the sunwell has a lingering connection to the shadowlands” and when the void shows up it implodes on itself and “the veil” is shattered once again, except this time its the opposite direction.

It was not so much needing it to resurrect him, but needing him to become an Archlich strong enough to summon Archimonde. It also would weaken the High Elves for when the Legion would begin their invasion proper. It was a win win. Plus Ner’zhul would have a powerful ally who would be free from the Crown of Domination. Because after Archimonde was summoned, Tichondrius and the other dreadlords took direct control over the scourge. Leaving only a few undead and the Cult of the Damned free from the Legions control. Such as Arthas (controlled directly via Frostmourne) and Kel’thuzad (free will).

3 Likes

That the crafting system will still managed to be screwed up.

1 Like

Ethereal Homeworld being rushed like Argus as a Content Patch instead of being like Outlands for a New Expansion.

1 Like

It’s not just that. The devs occasionally tease “OMG, what do you suppose the pantheon for this cosmic force is like?”—because they apparently think we’re all super-into pantheons.

3 Likes

I liked it when just the void had these super powerful beings that couldn’t enter reality for long periods of time because they required too much energy to maintain their forms

So instead they created cosmic horrors to corrupt a world soul into what basically would be a cosmic ending threat to everyone but them.

Than SL came along….and yeah, while it had some good things like Maldraxxus, the overall story was pretty subpar. Zooval needed more time to cook for example

1 Like

Quoting a post I made a while back …

2 Likes

in order to make the Jailer a true threat they should have let him cook like survive the expansion and lead us into the next one by deleting Stormwind from the Map because Anduin dared to defy him.

So, let’s say that the Alliance and Horde are both dealt grievous blows during TWW. Enough so that both factions need time to recover in the immediate aftermath and recoup their losses. It would explain why Midnight is even happening at all, if Silvermoon/Quel’thalas is caught unprepared.

If Quel’thalas is largely under void control during Midnight’s start, then there will inevitably be some kind of Void Corruption for the Elves caught in the darkness. Some kind of “Void Elf 2: Electric Boogaloo” that’ll undoubtedly serve as one of the main antagonistic sub-factions of the Void forces. Worse still, I’d be willing to bet that Rommath will serve as their leader in an ironic twist of fate.

The Dark Heart artifact has the power to convert other types of magic into shadow. I wouldn’t be surprised if this ability is something Xal’atath gives to these Diet Void Elves, where they’re draining magic from living creatures and converting it into raw darkness that pollutes the land.

My worst fear, in this case, is that the existence of this group will be what shores up relations between the Elven groups in the most lukewarm and lackluster way possible. After all, it was the division over draining magic from living things that caused the initial rift between Blood Elves and High Elves. What “better” way to shore that up by having this super evil caricature of magical addiction that everyone can conveniently ally up against?

4 Likes

Midnight will be the fallout for all blood elf fans. I can feel it.

1 Like