Your very first CD-ROM game?

My very first CD-ROM game was Dragon Lore, using the 3DO console & this was in 1996. When listening to the Dragon Lore theme/intro track, it’s personally captivating from the excitement of discovering hidden objects in progressing farther into the game. I would play that game for hours, it was horribly fun! :wink:

2 Likes

The 7th Guest @ PC.

1 Like

Might and Magic…3 or 4 (I forget).

1 Like

Mech Warrior or Commander Keen. Those actually might have been floppy disks now that I think of it. ><

1 Like

Warcraft II. “Your sound card works perfectly!”

3 Likes

Myst, which I played with my dad.

3 Likes

How about your very first floppy disc game? Mine was DOOM, Heretic, Hexen and Civilization. My first console game was pitfall, centipede and galaga. Anyone remember the old school pre-xcom shooter Laser Squad? I miss playing that game. :c

1 Like

The first one I bought was an Origin bundle that included Ultima 7, Wing Commander 2, and Ultima Underworlds. At the same time I got Earthworm Jim.

2 Likes

Warcraft (for PC).

1 Like

Myst/ Myst 2 or Need for Speed 1 if memory serves right.

3 Likes

Of my own? Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor I think?

First one I EVER played was probably Age of Empires though. First online PC game was Warcraft III or Red Alert 2.

Dark Forces II, many fun hours poured into that game.

2 Likes

Definitely floppy disks.
I don’t think Apogee Games was still around when CD rom games became a thing.

1 Like

Tonka Construction? Or something like that.

I remember waking my mom up so I could play this on her PC in 1999, lol.

I can do ya 1 better, my very first video game was actually on Floppy Disk. It was called Number Muncher. That was more educational I suppose. For a real real video game, which I still love to this day would be Oregon Trail.

Total Annihilation: Kingdoms

Got it for 2 bucks at a dollar tree

Best game I ever played

Dinopark Tycoon

I think Myst was my first, but that was so long ago I’m not 100% sure.

3 Likes

Dark Forces, it was the first game I got when my parents finally got our Pentium 100 Packard Bell with a massive 8 MB of ram and 1.2 Gig hard drive.

4 Likes

Jesus , save some chad for the rest of us

1 Like