Your servers are bad. Stop putting us with US

Title says it all.

I’d rather spend another 5 minutes in queue for dungeons/battlegrounds and actually be able to play the game without it completely freezing up and being unable to cast spells or even move at times.

Alot of it has to do with the changes to DoT effects calculating every single damage tick instead of the damage at the time of casting.

TL:DR
Give us the option to ONLY queue with oceanic realms.

21 Likes

Agreed. I can get up to 9k pings when joining with Mal’Ganis or Area52

i.imgur com/rZ3OZHN.jpg - This was when I was in Deepwind Gorge on my DK. My Death and Decay took around 30s to cast and as soon as it went off on my end, the CD was off and I could cast it again. Wasn’t a fun time.

4 Likes

On NBN and I go from 26 world to 600ms. I can’t go into a dungeon since it’s so bad, I can’t cast things properly as a mage.

3 Likes

the latency wouldn’t be too bad except if i quest and do a quick dungeon
my latency shoots up in dungeon, fair enough to like 250ms or so depending
sometimes its really terrible and it might be 100-500 but lag really bad
but then i leave and i am still at 190 or so.
i also get grouped up with non english speakers and fear i could get
kicked at any moment. tanks love to flex and stand still for 10 seconds
every pull to have a reason to kick any dps or healer that doesn’t have all day

1 Like

I was forged in the lag, I didn’t see low ms until I was already a man.

Jokes aside, yea the ms is an issue. I like when Amerimuts get phased to oce and complain about higher ms. THATS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE!

I would like a only let oce que for my listing as I’ve had 500ms cause a high ilvl party member was from like the west coast

3 Likes

Yes please! Latency kills the enjoyment even more than the GCD changes!!

Also Blizzard, fix day/night while you are at it.

4 Likes

Can you at least have it so if I queue with 3 people from oceanic, being the majority of the group, we are placed on an oceanic server… Or just give me an option to tick oceanic only.

4 Likes

It’s disgusting! It’s just been getting worse and worse literally can’t play the game. I was really looking forward to shadowlands but if this is type of gameplay I can expect then no thanks.

Just play classic, servers/game runs perfectly fine…

1 Like

Don’t blame blizzard , as much as I hate them right now because of boosters . Its not there fault telco ducked them .

They are selling us a service, one of which they are providing very poorly, in the past they took responsibility for it but in recent years they can’t even bother with informing us of what they plan to do about it. The small amount of feedback that I have seen says basically “check your isp, it couldn’t possibly be our end” Sorry but they are running the company like second rate hacks and people will get upset at them for it.

6 Likes

Yeah I’d love an option to only group with people on oceanic realms. I’d rather be told it’s going to be an hour and then have the option of just forgetting about it and continuing to do other stuff than wasting my time on a s****y experience.

Curious, are you allowed to ‘queue’ for a dungeon with a full party? I’ve never done it, but it’d be cool if you could just use the premade group thing to get a dungeon group together on your server and then pick which dungeon you want to be teleported to.

2 Likes

Yes, please let your players actually play the game, Blizz! I want the OCE players to have fun too. It’s nice to have y’all in our groups, but if everyone is lagging, it would probably be a good decision to separate the servers. We get quite a bit of lag as well.

1 Like

Yes, years ago a few friends and I created a chat channel on a server that was more or less an lfg channel, we were semi private but there is no reason you couldn’t advertise in /2 for others on your server to join it. A simple add like “join /premade for oceanic server runs” (aren’t you glad I’m not in the advertising business? lol)

1 Like

Interesting. Another thing I never considered. Isn’t trade a cross-realm channel like general?

Nope, only for your realm/connected realms.

This explains a lot. I always got annoyed with people using trade channel for a whole bunch of things not related to trading, but it’s the de facto general channel. This knowledge would have made making my personal bank guild a lot easier.

1 Like

Once again if the server hosting the instance is located in US East, oceanic players lag out to the point of disconnecting

Blizz pls do job and find out which of your routing partners is messing up

It’s more than just Mal’Ganis or Area52, other realms like Illidan, Sargeras also seem to have this problem when Oceanic players are connected to these realms

This is really bad for arenas and battlegrounds in particular

1 Like

lets keep this moving.

1 Like

I personally think the latency difference is tiny at best - as an Australian person who plays on both oceanic and US realms. It’s not that big a deal, really. Not for pugs and stuff.

3 Likes

I have to pay for VPN in order to solve the [TRANSFER ABORTED: INSTANCE NOT FOUND]. There is a lot of things Blizz can help, but I don’t know if they are focusing on the oceanic server, they probably don’t have time or additional budget.