Your servers are bad. Stop putting us with US

I get abt 700ms when hooked with US, as opposed to 90ms home and 150 world normally.

The main difference is that ALL enemy melee attacks end up extending to 40yards to you, and your mage spells are 5 yards range due to latency. Good luck kiting anything in bgs.

1 Like

You’re playing a game made by Americans, on servers paid for and hosted by an American company, deriding American players of a game who had nothing to do with said American company not initially having servers for AUS due to popular demand not being there but coming later.

Something something “pot calling the kettle black”. When there are cross-server latency issues, everybody suffers. AUS/OCE has dedicated servers now, which is why NA/OCE tend to isolate from each other; understandably, neither side wishes to deal with crippling latency, and neither side is responsible for it.

Funny as …did someone upset you way back in April? poor bubby,servers paid for by us the players in Oce and elsewhere,and we will blame them as a company that if they wanted just an american game for muricans they should have said so all those years ago,so go back to general if the heats to bad here were not all from oce that play here.

Actually, nah. I’m really tired and misread both the forum section I was in as well as the date of the thread… not sure why it got necro’d.

You’re free to do that.

You have more than you had years ago. The current issue of bridging the latency issues between OCE and NA servers is literally outside of Blizzard’s control, but they’ve had other server issues lately that exacerbated this that they do need to make a statement on. OCE getting its own localized servers was a good thing, but issues of cross-region latency as it relates to that aren’t really Blizzard’s fault- at the least, nowadays OCE-only groups get to play with normal playable ping.

My point was that the other person I quoted was being dense. Saying things like:

What need is there for him to be derogatory and relish in others’ gameplay suffering as a result of inevitable distance latency?

What are you even trying to say?

1 Like

YES please FIX THIS

Hi all. Old thread so hopefully some of you see this. I am an Australian currently on a US server (signed up to play WOW for the first time without appreciating server options). Investigating transferring my main onto an OCE server. I actually have no lag issues at the moment. Are you suggesting that because of a connection between OCE and US, there may be MORE lag issues there than for Australians exclusively on US servers? @ Almeria

I guess it all depends on your connection. I play with 22ms, but when I get thrown into a dungeon/BG that’s on a US server, it can jump up to anywhere between 300-9k ms. Which is frightfully painful, especially when I’m on my Mage or Lock.

Yes please, thanks.

9k? I don’t even get that. Ever. And I’m connecting from Europe.

Sounds like your internet.

2 Likes

Ive never had a ping problem and Im in Perth.I enjoy playing with the Americans late at night if I have insomnia. It makes dead dungeon cues come to life

I’m in perth and right now I’m getting stupid lag spikes randomly in dungeons.

The reason we were historically put in the same bg9 group queue is no longer valid. This has been long enough time to demerge this and put oceanic in its own queue.
There is large enough user base, just look at the success of WoW Classic

2 Likes

If I can get a situation without rag, qt or azralon, I’ll be a happy camper.

1 Like

because the US players are playing on OCE servers you nonce

This ^^^

Americans haven’t got a clue what it’s like. They can play literally any online game and their ping will never be worse than ours. Meanwhile Aussies have like 3 mmorpgs we can play with decent ping and THAT IS IT.

4 Likes