Your patch content is... a different game

I’m not against them adding fun limited time events into WoW, but calling a separate game patch content is insulting.

Making it a mandatory 40 hour grind for people who care about cosmetics, but doesn’t let you actually play WoW is insulting.

Making PvE players have to win a 60 player PvP match to complete all the rewards is insulting.

Why does it feel crazy that if they ask for 15$ a month and 80$ for expansions on top of all the cash shop junk and tokens they put out, that the game team makes content for their own game.

120 Likes

Lost it there.

19 Likes

This I can agree with, I guess.

7 Likes

What reward do you get for winning

I said mandatory for people who care about cosmetics, you should learn to read.

An eyepatch and a tabard.

2 Likes

I dont think I’d go so far as to call it insulting, but it definitely is a let down that the new patch essentially doesn’t want me to play my characters for a month until Season 4 starts.

19 Likes

Yep.

I can’t believe Blizzard would hold its players hostage and at gunpoint in order to make them play their game!

4 Likes

Oh dang an eyepatch, that kinda sucks

For people who care about cosmetics. As the op stated not once but twice.

10 Likes

Still not mandatory, perhaps you should understand what the words mean before you type.

2 Likes

If you want the rewards, then you’ll have to earn them like almost everything else in this game. Big shock, I know.

It was a strange move to tie this content to a retail WoW patch. It doesn’t add anything to retail WoW. From a player perspective it’s as connect to WoW as Hearthstone or Warcraft Rumble. Blizz could have avoided a lot of grief by marketing this as it’s own thing.

29 Likes

I’ve decided to ignore the event.

I feel bad for KT having their Heritage armor given to everyone.

And I hate parrot mounts. So I’m at least not going to get grumpy over a bunch of ugly recolors.

I don’t know if these rewards are RNG or not, but I hope the droprates don’t suck for those doing this. Because limited time events with low droprate RNG is bad design.

11 Likes

Looks at the forty tier reward track of cosmetics. Right…

It’s a Renown track, not drops.

1 Like

Ugh, so, if I want something that isn’t PVP related, I have to do PVP to obtain it? This makes no sense.

3 Likes

and a mount and a pet.

I just don’t understand why they hyped this up as an addition to retail wow. Why is this a 10.2.6 patch? It’s…not a part of the retail game except for the cosmetic reward.

14 Likes

You have to earn 40 renown levels of rewards in WoW by playing 40 hours of another game, yes that is shocking.

5 Likes

I’m glad it’s a parrot mount. I don’t care for them either, but if they’d used a mount that I actually wanted, I’d be more on the fence.

5 Likes

You mean like the cosmetic rewards we get in WoW for playing hearthstone or warcraft rumble? Where is the actual content 10.2.6 adds to retail WoW?

2 Likes