Your patch content is... a different game

Did you say anything about playing through the Wrath of the Lich King Classic Death Knight starting zone to get a proto-drake mount in retail? What about watching Twitch for a few hours for each drop?

Answered your own question.

1 Like

This patch also contains the S4 content it’s just not going live today. That is the DF content from 10.2.6.

I think you should look up what mandatory means.

Well for one thing it’s not traditional pvp. It’s a different game mode and different gameplay. But also, too bad? Why can’t there be pvp based rewards? Are pvp players also being insulted because they have to do “mandatory” pve for the cosmetic rewards from raids?

1 Like

Yes this is exactly my point. I don’t care if people enjoy Hearthstone, Rumble, Classic, etc. The issue here is that this isn’t a WoW retail patch. This is a new, separate game that Classic players have to play too.

3 Likes

Cosmetic rewards aren’t content. The content is what you do for the rewards.

Well at least there’s that. I somehow missed that part of the renown track when watching the interview. I blame lack of coffee.

Makes me wish we had an “opt out” to not even download it.

Once I saw it starts from game menu and we don’t even use our actual characters, I immediately lost all interest. Wont be bothering with this at all.

7 Likes

Exactly what I just replied in the main thread.

I’m subscribed for WoW and they used the money for a new game instead of developing thr one I’m paying for

This is not a WoW patch!

5 Likes

I could tell you think that by looking at your avatar… Yeesh.

There’s other changes than just Plunderstorm in the 10.2.6 patch, like many Season 4 changes to gear.

Go read the 10.2.6 patch notes:

Is it really though… is it really ‘insulting’? … but I guess being insulted is better then a slap in the face

Still not mandatory

2 Likes

I already got that parrot mount from the trading post anyway. Nothing of value lost. Heck nothing of value, period.

1 Like

I can’t imagine existing in a headspace where a pirate-themed event in a video game about gnomes and elves that shoot spells at each other is personally insulting me.

4 Likes

The good news is, none of the cosmetics seem all that notable.
So im not bothered missing out.

How can something like this be mandatory ?

Since Mandatory means it is required by actual law or rules of some organization .

Something that is mandatory must be done, or is [demanded](https://
dictionary. cambridge org/dictionary/english/demand) by [law](https:// dictionary .cambridge .org/dictionary/english/law):

1 Like

Where are you seeing the battle pas…err…reward track? I haven’t found it in any of the regular sources.

1 Like

I said if you care about rewards. If you care about rewards then you have a self-made rule to play FOTM events to collect rewards. This is not atypical behavior for an MMO player, and I submit as evidence the crowds of people taking down servers collecting all of the Hearthstone event cosmetics even though it’s a reskin of a previous event.

If there is a compulsion to get all of the rewards for FOTM events, then an event that adds 40 tiers of rewards would by definition be mandatory.

So you’re wrong two fronts:

1. You’re being pedantic and not accepting the easily understood meaning of the statement, which is not constructive to the topic at hand.
  2. You can’t comprehend internal resolutions or are incapable of nuance.

Both 1 and 2 are hallmarks of a certain disability, so I shall say no more on the subject and hope for the best for you.

3 Likes

You cut off the rest of the sentence.

I can’t image knowing that people have invested years of real time into their characters, and routinely give Blizzard hundreds of dollars a year to play this game, and expect content for it when they say they’re making content for it.

1 Like

lmao ok bud