Your Input Requested - A/RP and H/RP

I’ve been moving between the two realms asking this general question on both: "What would you think if Horde RP Capitol WRA and Alliance RP Capitol Moon Guard moved to one?

Most responses where this:
“I Left XYZ because of drama”
“X Server is a cesspool”
“I would but there’s so much drama on XYZ”
“Ew Goldshire”

All of the reasons stated were not sufficient enough to back up the fact that everyone RP’s, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and drama is only drama if you insert yourself in it. There is a wide agreement that both realm populations are dwindling or starting to, and that RP or team activities could be beneficial. This especially being backed by the coming faction/group changes.

Note: This does not exclude those players who suffer from harassment, are stalked and/or stalk, but that’s where /ignore and reporting/law is assessed. This argument was met with “If I have to /ignore I might as well not be on the realm.” This is good and should be considered. But more action should be on the aggressor and not the victim.

I bring this question to the forums, if both RP sides where on one REALM, there would be easier organization, faction in-game disputes/WPVP, and a plethora of stories to come. Not to mention activity! I noticed MG Hordeside picking up.

Some topics touched:
You will always have drama wherever you go, its human nature and inevitable. You can only decide what perspective to take and how to respond.

Goldshire is and always has been goldshire, if you don’t like it, don’t partake in it.

There are countless profiles and creative minds that would benefit from broader recognition.

WoW is a MMO-RPG first, a PVP/PVE game second. RP is something to come together on, not break apart. Especially for reasons such as drama, ego boosting, and “I don’t like you.”

Thoughts?

1 Like

It’s disingenuous to imply WrA was the Horde ‘capital’ for RP and MG for Alliance.

I have been on WrA since 2012. It was only when the overall state and opinions of the game started to turn beyond sour and people left en masse for FF14 and private servers did WrA-A go down.

11 Likes

This premise is the problem. I have had some amazing RP on WRA-Alliance lately, and much prefer it to the overcrowded hub in Stormwind on MG. RP is what and where you make it. If you want more RP, be proactive instead of being a doomsayer in declaring things “dead”[or “dwindling” for semantics sake] on a specific faction/server. (edited)

6 Likes

I’m sooo sleepy guys

1 Like

I echo what Maxi and Maeshkin said!

1 Like

This is true, I had not stated things where dead, but numbers were dwindling. Also with direct reference to the Most populated sides on each server. I appreciate all the feedback! Keep it going! This same post is also up on MG forums as well with some interesting commentary, check it out :smiley:

Numbers are dwindling due largely to factors outside of player control-- ABK scandal and BfA and Shadowlands being consecutive expansions. Should the game revive to pre-BfA numbers, a ‘merging’ of WrA and MG would see horrific queue times and the implementation of sharding to RP realms once more. I do not think an explanation is necessary for why either of these things are bad.

People who wish to visit either server for events or RP may already do so with server hopping. I see no need for a ‘merging’ or ‘move.’ Most people who wish to move have likely already done so.

7 Likes

Any statement that X faction’s population is lower than Y faction’s population needs to be backed up with reliable statistics. Neither opinion nor anecdotes provide a rational basis for a well reasoned decision regarding something of the magnitude suggested by the OP.

1 Like

Also want to state I used to play on MG, it was fine, never had problems with drama but my problem was time zones. MG is a central/eastern server and a lot of guilds operated at times I was not available. WRA has been better for me because guilds and RP tends to peak and operate on times that are more inclusive to my timezone and schedule.

1 Like

Belief that Wra being largely horde and MG being largely alliance comes from various server pop tracking sites. I know because I looked at them to see how big the gap was for both. I decided on WrA because alliance side was listed at 20-30%, which didn’t seem as bad as the horde statistic on MG

Anyhow I’d only really ask for a merge if WoW was predicted to never recover from it’s latest big fall. The two servers see a lot of overlap in players visiting the other for events, and I know many who have a toon on one server will have one on the other. Really the only concern I have is what would happen if WoW did manage to win back players. There are probably thousands of accounts dormant on both, waiting for the day Blizzard does something good, and when that happens the queue will probably be bonkers.

I went to the Horde capital and it’s full of Horde! Did anyone realize you can just walk over there and pick them up?!

I went to the Alliance capital and Gwyneth killed me. :joy: :purple_heart:

1 Like

I’d strongly prefer no merger happen. MG and WRA have very different server cultures and it’d be difficult to reconcile them. I like to play on MG Horde for the community they have and the massive events they put on, and I like WRA Horde for the guild RP where specific settings are established within a group.

Merging these two would cause a massive amount of problems and take away this option of choosing community or guild.

5 Likes

When I checked WrA Population in late wod- early to middle Legion, it was 40% Alliance 60% horde. Sometimes it would go like 45%-55%. The populations used to be way more even. I don’t even know where this MG-A and WrA-H thing started. I know when it started, which was late BfA, but it irritates me everytime.

4 Likes

Drama isn’t only drama if you insert yourself in it. There are people on both servers who have had to deal with extreme drama in the form of bullying and harassment campaigns by psychopaths. Drama can happen after you remove yourself from a bad situation that you didn’t expect to be bad in the first place.

4 Likes

I can vouch for this.

I was harassed for several months by a person BECAUSE I put them on ignore.

4 Likes

I remember back on the old, old forums, there was some paladin who outlined their plan for following me around in game to yell at me in a full-blown public post. People aren’t even coy about harassing others on this game.

1 Like

3rd on this. Have met and seen plenty of folks who will go through a whole villain arc just because someone blocked them

Oh and bigots who just hate who you are. We cannot forget those

2 Likes

No, and it’s not a case of “We shouldn’t merge with THOSE people” but more that servers, especially rp servers have gotten a certain culture built around them that a merger would just be out of place as well as that there are not so much irreconcilable differences but more “Why do it when the root of the problem isn’t solved with it?”.

3 Likes

This and this. So much.

I used to be of a mind that the two servers would benefit from a merge. After all, many of us have played on both or still currently do. Events on one server inevitably see participants from the other coming over via anchors. However, even though we’re all roleplayers, and even though many of us have played on both sides of this fence, the cultures are very much different.

I also want to point out that quality does not equal quantity. I’m not usually one to be negative or ugly here on the forums, but I do not want WrA’s Alliance revival to result in some mirroring of MG-A at all. For all the people running around on MG-A, I still chose to come back to WrA-A and to participate in the current revival project (which I feel is pushing things in a direction I much prefer) largely because I couldn’t stand one more second surrounded by MG’s culture. You can throw a lot of stuff at the wall and see what sticks as I feel is the case with MG-A, but I’m much happier with the deliberate and thoughtful thing we have going here even if the numbers are fewer.

And that’s not even going into what kind of petty BS drama would erupt when server projects started doing their server project things in front of communities they’d never interacted with before or began clashing with existing structures in those same communities. So nah, I don’t want a merge. Let’s just keep doing what we’ve been doing in reviving things here on WrA. And I hope MG keeps on doing the same with their Horde revival efforts that they started in the last year too.

3 Likes