Your Input Requested - A/RP and H/RP

I’ve tried off and on over the years making characters on MG, because people always talk about the population on (A) over there. The vibe is just…different. Not better, not worse just…different. I never feel comfortable over there.

I’m not sure I’d stick around if the two servers became one big server.

6 Likes

We already kind of share this sister server feeling with MG anyways. We are parallel to each other, but our own separate space. We have those that cross between the two, and that’s okay. We have those that stick to one server and that’s okay too. As long as we’re okay with the occasional cross-over, I don’t think a server merge is needed at the moment.

3 Likes

Guys I’m still sooooo sleeeepyyyy

I’d also like to point out that in one of the CC forum threads, one of the blues stated a merge/server connection is a bandaid solution. Mergers rarely ever happen because of issues such as shared names. Server connections balance a population in the short term, but in the long term a faction inevitably ends up dominating the scene again and it’s back to square one. This is an observation from Blizzard. With cross faction stuff coming maybe it won’t be so bad, but that’s the situation as of now.

Interesting feedback everyone, I see those here on WRA are deeply patriotic to the idea of “NO” versus the 3 to no posts I got on MG, a different culture indeed and everyone is entitled to opinions, as for harassers and harassment I mentioned that in the above post. No one is left out. Interesting to see, I only hope to see more rpers…

And by more rpers I don’t mean the same gang of 20 I log into every evening. My intention for this post was to mix it up. Just like everyone comes together for ToA, I envisioned a server wide ToA status, especially with faction barriers dissolving is all.

Thank you all for your feedback. Hopefully Blizzard sees this too moving forward.

I also want to point out that my Ex is over there.

So no merger please!

:rofl:

1 Like

Not everyone wants that all the time.

2 Likes

I like my 20 friends <3

1 Like

Please never use this word to describe me ever again

2 Likes

Better twenty friends than a hundred strangers.

4 Likes

I said hallelujah, to the sixteen loyal fans!

This might be my age talking but I’ve just gotten to the point where I value consistency over something new and dynamic every time. If those same 20 RPers, to use your term, come out and play, interact and all that, then I think that’s a far better alternative than 1000 unrecognizable people whom have no connection to me whatsoever.

I’ve also been on WrA since late Wrath. So there’s the sense of “I know what I’m going to get”. Both servers have their “culture”. Whether it’s in RP scene, hotspots, styles of events, even forum personalities that I’ve admittedly grown comfortable with. I know what’s offensive here, what’s tolerated, the little inside jokes and memes, etc etc. Server merges do bring in new blood but the clash of server identities make the space a little less for me.

I used to have max level characters on MG(MoP) and did some PvP with a few folks overthere. I don’t dislike MG but it see it more a place I’ll visit. WrA is what I’ll call home.

4 Likes

no thanks i spent an embarrassing amount of money to get off of moon guard.

I’m going to start swatting people who bring up this noise honestly.

Moon Guard is also like the horny on main server.

I know people get horny on WRA but again, I spent MoP on Moon Guard and maybe it’s better now. Yet I clearly remember once a sex slave auction outside the Blue Recluse and a lot of just open public ERP in RP hubs. It’s an easy solution to put those folks on ignore if they’re disrupting your RP (I honestly think they’re just trolling). Yet recently as of BfA I went to a cross server event that anchored into Moon Guard. Sure enough there was two naked Blood Elves in the middle of the event emoting every dirty detail.

Also the fact that people claim parts of the game as their own is also off putting.

3 Likes

I remember when that happened on WrA in Cata and early-mid MoP. I hated it so much. I tried to get into the basement of the lamb for a RP and some guild claimed it was theirs and godmodded this whole spiel.

1 Like

Yeah it’s not better now.

I think I know what guild this is lol.

1 Like

no one remembers the vulpera breeding auction after they first came out, which was on wra

the guild that hosted that is still around under a different name too but callouts aren’t allowed

3 Likes

TL:DR

Server-pop site statistics are not reliable for evaluating the state of RP. We simply don’t know how many roleplayers there are, or what faction(s) they actively play.

Why? Read on.

Server-pop site stats have very minimal value for judging the state of RP for two reasons.

The first is that they record total server populations, not RP populations. And as we know, not every player on an RP server such as WrA or MG is a roleplayer. Which means that:

There are no published statistics on current roleplayer populations..

The second reason is that the server-pop sites record character statistics, not player statistics.

I have absolutely no idea how many people have more than one character. I do know I am not the only one. Some may have only a couple. I’ve got three accounts because I have so many ideas for characters and I’m even insane enough to try & juggle playing more than one at a time. But no matter how many characters a person has, they can only play one per account at a time. I have both Horde and Alliance characters. I go to Horde rp events on some, Alliance rp events others, and non-aligned rp events on even more. I meet friends for spontaneous rp on both factions. I also have many characters made as R & D for character design. While I do not have statistics for this sort of breakdown, I do know I’m not the only one.

The point is - just because characters exist does not mean they are actively played.

There are no published statistics on rolePlayer - as opposed to rp character - populations.

Mark Twain famously said that there are lies, dam’n lies, and statistics. There’s a huge difference between statistics and reliable statistics. Raw data is only as useful as the analysis you can do with it.

We simply don’t have the raw data we need to even begin to have a sensible discussion of roleplay populations.

5 Likes

Another reason to play Alliance LOL

I heard about it but I been maining Alliance RP at the time so didn’t have to see any of that. We got cool robot gnomes which briefly resulted in an influx of fun Gnome RPers and it was honestly pretty great time with all the new tiny gnome friends.

2 Likes

alliance unfortunately doesn’t have beefy women outside of dwarves. and I can’t get dwarf mogs to look good personally :cry: