Your guys thoughts on current warrior and going into 10.2

Here read what you posted yourself.

Not only did it screw Arms over by giving Fury just straight out more general throughput, but had the added “bonus” of then making Arms compete for weapon drops - Now fury also have 2 handed str weapons and compete for weapon drops

harder than before with Ret being made actually PvE useful/viable as a real damage source in the raid in TBC - Now Ret is also going to roll for handed str weapon.

and the addition of DKs to the game in Wrath. - Now DK also roll 2 handed str weapons.

Reverse logic TG for fury, before ret can do DPS and before DK are added which spec can use 2 handed str weapons? Oh right Arms warrior!

This made absolutely 0 sense. Even before TG was implemented, fury had more throughput than arms did.

Ideally yes, the 2 piece is good and straightforward, the 4 piece is the problematic part, it reduces the cd on OF with BT Crits. The issue is that outside of the guaranteed Crits and damage increase from the 2 piece we don’t want to be pressing BT when RB is a much stronger button.

Unless you specifically fish for BT Crits you’d only get 7.5 seconds off and spamming BT for Crit fishing hurts your throughput due to how weak baseline BT is, and with only 7.5 seconds off OF you end up with a cd of 37.5 seconds which is out of sync with all our other cooldowns.

No reduction would be better since at least it would overlap with every avatar and every third Reck/Ravager.

Some people have talked about an annihilator build with it, unfortunately annihilator is behind so even the BT centric play isn’t enough.

1 Like

Thank you for this explanation. My guild is currently working on echo as well as looking to work on roster for 10.2. Currently looking at rogue and warrior. I have about 300 played days of experience on rogue but I feel warrior is more valuable with buffs/rally.

Our current warrior is swapping back to hunter and I’m kinda burned out on mage.

Yeah Rally and AP buff is worth it for the raid, don’t expect to be top of the meters in st especially now that evokes do the buffing thing, but you easily demolish in AOE fights as Fury.

Also it’s at least imo the most fun class.

1 Like

How is arms performing in ST?

Better than Fury numerically, but as others have said it’s kinda held by rubber bands and tape. The rage economy is in shambles lol.

They really should change incorp to be deleted when affected by one of these abilities or anything like them.

A warrior can handle it sure but there are many better options

1 Like

I should also add that currently the 10.2 Fury set is bugged as hell and is favored with annihilator because of a bug, otherwise its expected to be worse.

1 Like

TY for all the info, if I were to want to play arms and fury what secondary stats should I be putting on crafted gear?

If you do not want to bother simming Haste Mastery for Fury Crit haste for Arms, but as always you are better off simming to be optimal.

1 Like

Will def sim once I am able to get more geared. just trying to get basic stats and above 400 ilvl lol

I have been playing arms religiously for 15 years and this is one of my favorite iterations of it. I hope they smooth out the rage issues with the spec, maybe make it less back loaded.

Maybe execute should function more like fury’s with a cooldown so more power can be brought back to the rest of the spec and execute can function more like an actual execute. I know in pvp at least it’s a common complaint that the button doesn’t feel great to press. Even with a flat 50% bonus damage modifier applied to it.

:dracthyr_shrug: I’m not a game designer so what do I know

2 Likes

The Warrior cannot handle this affix due to the low range and long fear CD, and also loses damage during the encounter. Stormbolt and fear at max can be an emergency rescue, and nothing more, it is enough with this false myth.

1 Like

Not sure you’re replying to the right person lol

What’s the bug?

The set bonus has an ICD of 1 second and with RA and deft experience you can bring BB and BT CD under one second so you basically get the buffed attack twice out of a single charge, essentially turning the 3 empowered BT into 6.

Also turns Fury into mindless spam similar to season 3-4 in Shadowlands were all we pressed was empowered RB twice into rampage.

1 Like

Yeah I just saw the post on the ptr section of the forums, thanks for the info :+1:

Based on subcreation I am assuming Arms is using different embellishments than Fury?

No, both run double Roiling Shadowflame for ST and not a lot bother using different ones for keys.