Your guys thoughts on current warrior and going into 10.2

I originally started playing melee in this game but switched to range after Cata.

Looking to main swap back to melee next tier and currently looking between rogue and warrior.

What are your pros/cons of Arms/Fury? Looking for opinions in PvE (raids/mplus) and PvP (arena/SS)

Thanks

Arms needs a rework. It’s simply poorly designed right now and has no flow to the spec.

Fury is good and fun. And the new tier set will be interesting with the annihilator build. But feels like you’re always mashing buttons. Though the tier scales with crit so maybe fury will spec crit/mastery. I doubt it though.

3 Likes

As most would say, arms need a rework.

Fury is a bit more nuanced, the spec feels great rotationally but the skill tree has a couple issues and needs a touch up.

There isn’t really much nuance between builds as one side is mostly obselete, same for capstones, the new tier is designed around OF but OF is still behind OS even with the 50% buff from the tier.

WW should be in the center tree since currently you must build into the RB side to be able to cleave, having it in the middle with rampage guarantees that you can take it without issue. Currently this isn’t a big problem as you want to build RB but if the BT side was competitive this makes it awkward.

SMF should just be removed and made into a transmog option since it causes us to lose potential talents by existing.

A few of these can be solved via tuning but the left side of the tree is significantly weaker than the right.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys. Is the issue with arms mostly rotational? I was big into my warrior in Cata and arms was always my favorite spec pvp wise.

I haven’t had a ton of pve experience on warrior but I always loved dual wielding two handlers.

It feels patchworked together and not thought out or refined.

4 Likes

I was playing arcane in 10.0, I dont think it could be worse then that lol

Yeah a lot of this has been an issue for pretty much as long as WoW has existed. Mostly because Blizz can’t seem to get out and stay out of the old Vanilla 1.0 design mentality of “Arms is for PvP. Fury is for PvE”.

Even in the rare occasions over the years where they’ve reworked things to make Arms equally as viable as Fury in PvE (first 2 patches of TBC, random points in Wrath, etc), they are super quick to nerf Arms, Buff Fury, make other general class changes that negate the equalizations they did or any combination of/all three.

IMHO creating Titan’s Grip was probably the worst mistake Blizz ever implemented in Warrior class design. Not only did it screw Arms over by giving Fury just straight out more general throughput, but had the added “bonus” of then making Arms compete for weapon drops even harder than before with Ret being made actually PvE useful/viable as a real damage source in the raid in TBC and the addition of DKs to the game in Wrath.

1 Like

Remove the warrior class, its basically useless at this point. Make a paladin and feel special or useful.

2 Likes

Sadly for m+ specifically warriors are still near useless when it comes to affixes and utility.

It will always hold them back from being a meta pick in keys.

With that being said warriors have never been too terrible either. (Maybe besides prot warrior in most of SL)

So if you don’t care about being meta and don’t want to be worried about being the worst and enjoy warrior, then pick warrior it can get all of your realistic goals done you just might have to opt in to running your own keys if you pug or find a group to play with.

Lmao of course the idiotic take is posted from a level 10 classic character.

All I can say is git gud.

3 Likes

WoW talk about selfish to the max right there. I only want Arms to use 2 str handed weapons. No other class or spec should be allow to use it.

You sir greedy and selfish and I wish you lost every weapon roll 1 by for the rest of your play time with WoW.

0/10
nice try though

Storm bolt for afflicted as well as fear.

I’m currently playing mage so I’m not going to complain lol.

My goal is usually just timing 20s and pushing for ce.

My guild is pretty active with keys and we don’t push meta.

Me?

Tenchar

Is it at the level of you not even using tier?

no the troll above my comment

Well, that’s a tuning question really, we will probably end up using the new tier simply because of the sheer ilvl difference, but if the tier set is based on an ability that is so far behind the set itself is hard pressed to be as big an increase as our current set.

As is I believe the current best build on ptr is to use OF and OS, so you don’t even get to use the OF capstone since both of them are bad.

I’m assuming that could change based on tuning to swapping to a pure OF build since the tier buffs OF?

No this is with the current tuning of the new tier as is on ptr.

I am personally Hoping for a baseline buff to OF and to the dancing blade talent, as ideally I’d like them to be viable after the tier.

I mean with more tuning in the future

I can understand and agree with that.