Your First Day Of Playing Wow

Wow has become our gaming home. Players have been enjoying Wow from a few days to 20 years. I would like to ask players what was your first day of playing Wow like.

Was your experience better than you expected? Have you been having fun? How is you experience with Wow going so far?

4 Likes

Hopefully someone will be able to remember, I don’t even remember what my experience in WoW was like yesterday! :joy:

10 Likes

Lol. Hi Rita. Thanks for the reply. As always Hugs :heart: and a :star:

1 Like

All I remember is a Warlock attacking NPCs in Teldrassil while in Metamorphosis, and being in awe of the scale of the world map.

I expected to be enthralled by the game and avoided it for a long time because of that. And I was correct, I’m still here.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure what to expect when I first loaded into Eversong Woods on my mage all the way back in 2009, but it clearly left a big enough impression that I’m still here in 2024.

2 Likes

First character I made was a troll rogue. By the time I made it to Org I was hooked, loved the zone, stepping out into Ashenvale and just exploring in stealth when I was out of my league to be there was fun and had a bit of an intimidation factor.

World felt big enough even coming from other MMOs, it looked better than any of the others, and the gameplay was at once satisfyingly complex and yet easy to learn.

I’d say my first time playing WoW was better than my first time playing any other MMO.

2 Likes

I fell off the Night Elf tree.

5 Likes

My first day playing wow was spent installing 5 CDs and waiting for updates to download. I don’t think I was able to start playing til after 10…good thing I wasn’t working the next day

4 Likes

No idea what my first time was like. My earliest memory is getting yelled at in a dungeon cause I was bad. Some time before cata i think.

1 Like

“What does this button do?”

summons infernal

Uh oh…

4 Likes

cant remember it all but it was fun i have more memories in classic tho and got very immersed back when classic vanilla was out. retail i can barely remember anything since i made the switch sometime in like jan bc shadowlands was THAT bad and i was only playing wow a lil bit before sl came in.

I might as well mention my experience. 2004 first week of Wow’s release. I had been hearing about World of Warcraft from friends. So I went to my local game-shop and bought the game. Took it home placed it into my pc made an account download and logged in.

I created a Night Elf hunter. and spawned into the starting area in Teldrassil. I did the quests in the area which I found to be fun. The fluidity of the game impressed me as did the quest givers. I found the game to be very intuitive. I finished the starting area and got a quest which sent me to dolanaar. There I quested, met other players formed a group and continued. At that time I thought that this was it as far as the geography was concerned.
Figured that Wow had a very small map to play in.

Well we all got to level 10 I got my first hunter pet and a quest to proceed to a place called
Darnassus. As the group got to the Darnassus gate the music started up and I was impressed. Apparently the game was bigger that I had thought. Did some shopping, found a meat seller for my pet. Discovered the portal and adventured until we eventually ended up in Stormwind. I looked up at the city fortresses Walls the epic music played and I was amazed.

I started to realize that Wow was something new and exciting and big. I had started playing Wow at about 7:00 pm. Before I realized it it was 4:00 am in the morning. I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

6 Likes

My first day in WoW was as a Dwarf Mage in the Alpha.

Outside of Kharanos, shooting frost bolts into wolves. I just loved the ambiance of it. The sound of the spell casting, the quiet snow, the whole thing.

2 Likes

Made a Troll rogue on random server and played for about 20 minutes before my roommate (who is the person who wanted me to play) told me I was on the wrong server.

Made a new troll rogue on their server for another couple of minutes before I was informed I shouldn’t be horde because they played alliance.

Made a night elf rogue, asked if I was on the correct server/faction, got the thumbs up and immediately logged out and went to the skate park :rofl:

I’m still playing so I guess they won in the long run. It’s been a great way to stay in contact with some folks around the globe though.

5 Likes

Oh man. The first time I saw WoW being played was at my friends house. His brother was meandering through Deadwind pass on his Warrior in classic. My first experience was a a Tauren Hunter on Shu’halo in very early BC. I remember it was a sunny day just like in Mulgore, and I remember the music, and shooting my rifle at plainstriders.

1 Like

Oh, it’s so embarrassing now. I made a Tauren Warrior, but didn’t know any of the controls as I only played the PlayStation 2 before this and I refused to read any manuals nor instructions. I was able to move around and realized the Tauren in front of me with an exclamation point was someone I need to talk to, but didn’t know interact was right click and kept left clicking on him. I got frustrated, logged off, and deleted the character.

2 Likes

Can’t exactly remember. I think I recall making my orc hunter, my first character. I don’t remember my first days, but I do vividly remember spending my time each day killing Venture Company members in The Northern Barrens because I had no idea how to actually level.

1 Like

Made a Tauren Warrior, got confused by “Inventory Full” and deleted character.
Then I made a Human Paladin that I still play to this day.

1 Like

Worse actually. Cancelled my account and didn’t come back for months.

Created a character on a PVP realm and when I left the Northshire Monastery, I was continually killed by this Skull level undead character. Ended up logging out.

When I came back, it was on a PVE server.

2 Likes

After 2 years in Everquest, it was a nice calm change.

Made a dwarf at first since the friend that pulled me into WoW was a gnome (inside joke), but after a month I made Quenya, back then her name was different. But a few server changes made me have to pick a new one.