Your first anime

Earliest I can recall was rented from block buster as a wee little fellow in texas, the anime was called at the time Warriors of the Wind and made quite a impression on me. Later on disney would buy the rights rip it off all the shelves making it nearly impossible to find and eventually redub it and re-release it under its more commonly known name: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

2 Likes

Heidi, Girl of the Alps, on Fuji TV.

1 Like

Uncle showing me Akira in the late 90’s when I was like 7 or 8.

4 Likes

This right here. Still worth the rewatch.

2 Likes

DBZ - Owned the Saiyan Saga on VHS.

Big reason I ended up loving warriors.

1 Like

Most likely Pokémon, though that was prior to when I knew what anime was.

Every few months there is a user on Facebook that streams the entire series in 3 hour blocks. I make sure to watch it every single time he posts it.

1 Like

Technically pokemon if you consider that anime. Otherwise…hmm…I think Naruto?

I didn’t hit a good anime phase until later in my adulthood when I saw Fate/zero that really kicked in my anime phase.

“Fist of the North Star, movie” English Dub, 1992, VHS. I was 11 years old.
“The Guyver: Bio Boosted Armor” English Dub, 1992, VHS.
“Legend of Heavenly Sphere Shurato” in Cantonese Dub, 1994, Laser Disc.

3 Likes

Dragon Ball Z. Back then I didn’t know what anime was, so when I saw others I referred to them as “DBZ graphiced shows”.

2 Likes

Attack on titan. Cause I only recently started.

1 Like

Teknoman!

3 Likes

While I haven’t gotten super into this anime, I love REVOS work in the music department and is a part of why I can’t wait for Bravely Default 2.

2 Likes

I don’t watch any anime anymore, but watched a little when I was a teenager. I think my first one was ninja scroll.

I believe it was Samurai Pizza Cats.

3 Likes

UFO Robo Grendizer. That or Kerokko Demetan. I don’t remember which came first, I was very young.

I thought it was either Pokémon or Dragon Ball Z, but now that I think of it, I technically first saw part of a single episode of… Monkey Magic. I had to do a lot of googling with what little I remembered to even find the name of that show.

First anime I ever watch was Princess Mononoke and I still love animes to this day.

3 Likes

Dragon ball z

1 Like

Does pokemon count

1 Like