Your existing mounts will NOT be able to fly in the new expansion

Well then. That’s good news! Now we know, Hoheh is Ion’s new alt! :wink:

Blizz seem pretty big on accessibility. My educated guess is that Dragonflight itself will be a tool for minigames and be equally as accessible as regular gameplay, I imagine outside of that, it will be solely for faster transport. I also can’t imagine them completely abandoning flight paths or normal-style flying for it, as that will still persist out of the DI

I have little faith in a company that can’t even let us change font faces or make our fonts bigger than 18 point at doing anything right when it comes to accessibility.

2 Likes

touche lol

1 Like

I agree. Time and time again we’ve seen this design team take simple elegant longtime game features and turn them into convoluted frustrating trash. I’m personally sick of this BS. I point to crafting professions as another simple elegant feature they’ve successfully ruined for everyone except raiders the past few expansions.

2 Likes

What does Ion consider “Long term”? Will it be 8 months? A year? Also will your flying mounts be able to actually fly or will your current flying mounts just become a mini-game glorified glider like your new pet dragon. That really doesn’t answer the questions, thanks for the effort though. I don’t trust Ion and IMO he has been the absolute worst thing for WoW and that includes Bobby and Activision.

4 Likes

I think, while obviously not confirmed (they don’t make these things clear this early on an expansion that hasn’t even launched!), that’s pretty safe to expect flying to happen not before a 10.2 patch.

As for your other doubt, I take from Ion’s answer that it will be regular flying. It’s not a fully detailed answer, but I don’t see how it could be understood in another way, specially since it’s called “Dragon Riding”.

All in all, nothing new. As with several previous expansions, we’ll have flying down the road after 2 or 3 patches, tied to some Pathfinding. Dragon Riding is just an additional feature that will be very relevant at launch, to probably lose some relevance in later patches.

TBH outside of druid flight form the new dragon mounts look cooler than anything I have so i was going to use that as my main flying main mount anyways and we’ll get our pathfinder later down the road anyways.

You think that’s bad? I can bear, I can kitty, I can cheetah… but my bird forgets how to bird!

3 Likes

First off waiting 8+ months to be “permitted” to use a game feature and something that I already earned/payed for what 9-10 times in a game that I pay monthly RL money for is ridiculous and I’m over it. I cancelled my subscription months ago BUT was hopeful to be persuaded to come back, sense it obviously is a game I have passion for. Second as I would guess that you are aware that Ion hates flying and has been out to remove it for many years, he has said as much. Me and many others just see this as Ion following through with his dream of removing flight, slow drip water torture style. So hopes of it being “regular flight” is just that, hope. Third if this is just a begining of a expansion feature and will be forgotten about in a patch or 2 than it is a collosal waste of funds and developers time that should of been spent elsewhere.

3 Likes

What an odd thing to say, that it’s good for the game to exclude people with any or all disabilities on the whim of the developers.

3 Likes

Good thing there’s an edit button lol

More war on flying.

1 Like

Love your comment